Options

Just failed 640-821

charl1charl1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,I`m new and just failed 640-821.I`m using the Lammle 640-801 book
to study and I got myself some 640-821 questions from xxxxxxxxxxx.Are the study materials I`m using not good enough

score:817

required score:825

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, sorry to hear you failed. Second, this website doesn't allow the mention of such materials that you used. The Lammle book is ok, I mean the other site you mentioned. You may not have known, but that material is a **** guide, hence the name of the product. It could contain real questions from the exam, which will teach you nothing in real life. Maybe this was a lesson for you to stay away from that stuff. You used it, and you failed. Try using more stuff similar to Lammles guide, and you should be okay. Stay away from **** guides / braindumps.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    charl1 wrote:
    Are the study materials I`m using not good enough

Indeed, not good enough, not good at all actually as Ricka explained, and unfortunately you found out the hard way. I suggest you throw away that PDF (seriously, select and press Shift-delete) and get yourself some decent practice tests... ie. Preplogic, examforce (100 questions free at http://www.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525 ), transcender, or boson. Even if you would download the demo of all 'ethical' preptest providers you'd be better of than using a **** sheet.

Are there any particular topics you had trouble with?
  • Options
    Thanks everybody for the valuable input,and sorry about putting that website`s address in.
  • Options
    Are there any particular topics you had trouble with?

Some questions on CDP,I remember one of the the multiple choice questions I had where I had to choose 3 out of 6 options asked for
    characteristics of CDP protocol and I was confused with one option.
    It stated CDP is globally enabled by default.I know Cisco routers are
    enabled with CDP by default but the word globally put me off because
    would`nt that be referring to non-Cisco routers as well.Maybe this is
    one the questions I got wrong.Another thing I did`nt know in the exam
    was how many telnet sessions a Cisco router supported.There is no clear
    explanation in the Lammle book but I suspect it is 5.
  • Options
    Me163Me163 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    By "globally on by defualt" they mean on every interface. This is true for CDP. And yes, i beleive the max telnet sessions is 5... Can anyone verify? I'm just assuming based on the command to configure the virtual lines "line vty 0 4"
  • Options
    viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Me163 wrote:
    By "globally on by defualt" they mean on every interface. This is true for CDP. And yes, i beleive the max telnet sessions is 5... Can anyone verify? I'm just assuming based on the command to configure the virtual lines "line vty 0 4"

You're right! icon_thumright.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • Options
    schneemanschneeman Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Me163 wrote:
    You always know if you can use a command in exam and also in your life.
    Line vty is a telnet designation command and line vty 0 4 is used for easily password appointment for all telnet users who wants to connect your router.
    0 is the first user and 4 is the final user
    0 1 2 3 4=5 users.
    got ya ?.
    and you can use line vty 0 4
    login
    password blablabla
    and you appointed 5 users to same password easily.
    If you know that knowledge you never forget the number of telnet users is 5 .)
  • Options
    tech77tech77 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I took the 640-801 on Oct. 1 and failed it too. Not discouraged though. I've got Transcenders and am working through those. I have other friends who already have the CCNA and are giving me "practice" exams from other websites. These are basically cheats and I don't know how trustworthy they are. I'm still using them to get a sense of how questions are worded though. They're not a substitute for using the books thought. I've got the Cisco self-study Intro and ICND books. Going to get Exam Cram 2 too.

The Webmaster had this to say a while back:
    Indeed, not good enough, not good at all actually as Ricka explained, and unfortunately you found out the hard way. I suggest you throw away that PDF (seriously, select and press Shift-delete) and get yourself some decent practice tests... ie. Preplogic, examforce (100 questions free at http://www.examforce.com/customer/special4.php?sid=525 ), transcender, or boson. Even if you would download the demo of all 'ethical' preptest providers you'd be better of than using a **** sheet.

Are there additional suggestions for legit web-based practice exams?
    Thanks!