My new rack! - Pics of Old vs New rack check out!

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey network engineer types!

I just got my new rack and put it together. Yeah, after reading this forum I need and I am looking for a 2 x 3550s for my CCNP lab..It would be nice to find a 2 x 3560s but who knows...

I just love the rack no more CD holders holding my rack together....ahaaah the good ole days! haha ahahhaha

-yeah!

you can see it at itdaddy (dot) wordpress (dot) com

itdaddy.wordpress.com

Update: check out my rack with old rack and new rack side by side really funny!

I love the skeletek rack way more room and easy to configrue love it
need 2 3550 cat hopefull this year and 2 ip phones should complete my set.
;)[/quote]

Comments

• jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    interesting it says your blog doesnt exist....

something happened ?
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    cheers dynamik can see it now...

itdaddy... looking good icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Looks good!! I too have a Skeletek rack, just a 12u model though. My lab has grown but i have no available pictures. lol. I'm also only working on my CCNA but I test other things for work on it as well.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    phantasm

you would laugh, i was using cd holders the plastic ones using 3mm doublesided tape to hold my rack..it worked for ccna but just was so messy..I finally found skeletek through route my world dot com G is his name forum name Aerogon (or G for short) he has turned me on to skeletek
    omg! so much room and easy to asseble and role around so I can move it out if I want to move wires just great but see my pics on my blog where my recent post old and new rack side by side
    what a difference holy crap!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Hey, nice rack. icon_lol.gif

It looks good, itdaddy. I'm thinking about picking up a Skeletek rack when I'm working again, my Cisco equipment's starting to pile up.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Nice stuff man!

I could do with one of those skeletek racks! im getting very tempted looking at this!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    The only thing that sucks about them is that once you get one, you want to fill it up icon_sad.gif
    itdaddy: I was just stacking my equipment on top of each other and placed it all on the counter! lol. This it currently:

rack.jpg
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
    phantasm

hahahaah almost as bad as mine but atleast if you wanted to upgrade your hardware you didnt have to unstick the 3mm double side tape off of the cd holders. i wanted space for air even though I know these are build to be tighter together. didnt want them to burn up. haa but yeah

dudes the rack was cheap as hell man like I think I paid when it was on sale under 120.00 dollars for the entire rack no kdding i jumped on it fast go to their site and get one it is way worth it and if you can buy extra butterfly mounts use them they match up to the cisco devices
    I hated mounting the 4 bolt mounts sucked..but the 1 bolt butterfly mounts were great and spaced out nice. I had to adjust because some of my 4 bolt mounts were too fat and had to make a gap of 1 u due to the old mounts i had but with their universal butter fly claps they are one bolt and bam in bam in with a power drill. i used a manual nut driver to start them and them
    power drilled each after manually get them started... i plan on looking on ebay and watching for 3550 at least one andthe 2 ip phones. I have seen the ip phones for 100.00 or under so want 2 of them to have my home phone PSTN to voip in side my house to play and practice
    the sucky thing is the FXO and FXS cards i know are going be pricey for my 1760 router... ouch
    but slowlybut shirley. the hardest thing is to get this equpment to not break me..i mean
    I am studing to eventually make more money kind of like the oxymoron saying "I need a job but they want experience but if I cant get a job due to lack of experience!" same as I want to
    make more money to buy more toys but as it sits you have to have money to make more money. that is so true..being lucky finding deals is not that often. I did get my new ASA 5505 for 340.00 thought that was a steal...

get a skeletek. came to my house in like 2 days man. like fast fast at your house
    and assemble time 2 hours with devices and all kind of dink around but I think 2 hours is good
    the rack was easy to put in I just drank beer and tried to decide how i wanted them in there.
    get one it is awesome and for 120.00 i paid for it well worth it. ;)
  • dwtherockdwtherock Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Nice rack :D

Now I am jealous. Time to turn the water tight shed into a data center. icon_twisted.gif
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ITDaddy, where would I go to get TeachPro Java? Everything I find on Google points to warez.... Awesome rack by the way!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    dwtherock

haahaha that is funny ahhahaha

I should have boughten this 2 years ago..it is all about the telling others ....

thanks G!
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    itdaddy - You in the UK or US?

Anyone no the best place in the UK to get one of these?

Also great rack itdaddy looks the dogs b*******
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Very nice! A great improvement.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am studying on N+ then CCNA. To be honest, you are great that you posted everything out of your studying, practicing and preparing, etc. I enjoyed reading them all and I just want to say Thank you. Hey, nice cool skeletek rack. icon_lol.gif
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...
  • ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    Stool racks for teh win. :)

net.jpg
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Stool racks for teh win. :)

net.jpg

And don't forget it can double as a space heater
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
    Janmike

thank you man!

ConstantlyLearning

thank you..

redskinsss05

thanks for the nice compliment....it is nice to chronical my progress.
    my writing could use some improvement and it will in time. eventually
    i will have my blog hosted by me at home on my own server. I really like to do
    my own work and have my own stuff that way if it breaks i can fix it. it really
    enhances my IT skills....I have at home my own Enterprise Exchange server
    Domain controllers, DNS servers, going to have myown ASA5505 firewall up
    going to get my VPN/SSL up (like this way better than IPSEC)
    I try to follow Jeremy Ciora model build it and home and maintain it and make your
    own little city that way you take it personal and do a great job. I have come along way
    and have many years to go but Network Engineering seems to be very fun.
    If I am not having fun, I get bored...so make your own blog tooo it forces you to
    make yourself good notes..in time I wll make my blog more pro looking but beens os busy
    I just put it together best i can....and I agree with yuo that it is hard(you didnt say anything)but
    i implied this..I dont have many or any Cisco pros to help trian me right now so I
    just try to share with others so theycan see stuff I am a show and tell guy
    and it is nice to see people systems no matter how silly. My routers use to be
    stuck together in a pile with CD holders and 3MM tape I laugh about it. but it did work
    for CCNA but now I am shooting for CCNP and well if you want t be a pro you have
    act like one ;hee hee; and maybe my writing will improve...one day I will have a better nicer blog very friendly and very pro looking that is the plan ;)
    thanks for your compliments you can do it to ...make the blog for yourself to make good solid notes what I did is take notes during my CBTS(which i love) and then took notes to the blog.
    Computer based training is for me...reading 1000 page books ai cannot do. however, i do like Cisco press books they seem very goood and clearcut

robert ;):D
    kevin31 wrote:
    itdaddy - You in the UK or US?

Anyone no the best place in the UK to get one of these?

Also great rack itdaddy looks the dogs b*******

Kevin, Itdaddy is us based... however here in the UK ive found these :-http://dantrakuk.com/Racks/Racks.htm

that said you see them on ebay for similiar price.....
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Kevin, Itdaddy is us based... however here in the UK ive found these :-http://dantrakuk.com/Racks/Racks.htm

that said you see them on ebay for similiar price.....
    Its the same person I believe that sells via the UK site and eBay. I've only bought cables off them but they were no hassle at all.
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    Thanks guys! Not bad price its just question of how big I go lol!

Yeah found them on ebay to thanks for poiting them out prices are much the same to!

thanks again

Kevin
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
    kevin31

go 28 u if you can
    but lookto see just in case if you get certain kits you can add another kit onto it
    but if you get the 20 u which might be good enough i do not think they have and 8 us extension they might but look and make sure. dude i have the 28u you saw on my blog
    but man the space is much needed and 28u seeing myself fill it up with a few more switches and routers easily so 28u is for me ;)

lov emy rack ;)
    phantasm wrote: »
    itdaddy: I was just stacking my equipment on top of each other and placed it all on the counter! lol. This it currently:

rack.jpg

sorry for dragging this back up but, I finally got around to racking my equipment, got a nice little 20u unit for starters icon_smile.gif

been looking at the power issues, so far I've got nearly a dozen units that require power witha couple of others items on the horizon thats set to grow, so what do others do to get round this??

Phantasm I quite like your apc unit how have you got that set up plugged into the mains??
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    been looking at the power issues, so far I've got nearly a dozen units that require power witha couple of others items on the horizon thats set to grow, so what do others do to get round this??
    I use a couple old PDUs that were going to be thrown out at work.
    sorry for dragging this back up but, I finally got around to racking my equipment, got a nice little 20u unit for starters icon_smile.gif

Phantasm I quite like your apc unit how have you got that set up plugged into the mains??

It plugs into a regular wall outlet believe it or not. THe back of the APC has 8 or 9 power ports plus the on in front. Works quite well.
  • cisahovekacisahoveka Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Kool looking rack!!!! i need one for my cisco devices.

i have.
    three: 2811 Routers
    three: 2960 Cat Switches 24 port
    one: 2950 Cat Switches 24 port
    one: Cat 3750 switch 24 port
    one: Pix 550E
    three: 1841 routers
    two 1801 wireless 8 port switch isdn bri Routers

i will upload pics of equipmet soon, but still need a rack.
    A+,N+,MCP
    MCSA2003:Messaging and Security MCSE2003:Messaging and Security
    MCTS:vista 70-620
    MCTS:vista 70-622
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 AD 70-640
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-642
    MCTS:Windows server 2008 NI 70-643
    MCTS:Exchange Server 2007:70-236
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-431
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-443
    MCTS:SQL Server 2005:70-444
    MCITP:Enterprice Messaging Administrator MCITP:Enterprice Administrator
    MCITP:Enterprice Technician
    MCITP:SQL2005 DBA.)
    This thread would have been so much better on a plastic surgery forum icon_sad.gif