Options

70-291 passed...MCSA earned

amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

After almost 2 months of learning and staying out of the Internet in generally I finally passed the 70-291 MS exam that seems to me a tough one because of the amount and complexity of the study material.

I know that maybe for some people this is no major achievement but for me is very imported one.

Why so much study ? Well, it has some basic things that defines the good foundation for the future learning.

Next step will be 70-299, 70-298 and the Security +.

I'm in the security field for a while and I realize that is the time to be certified in order to obtain better material advantages and not only ;)

Also, learning I have discovered some of my knowledge holes that need more attention from my part.

Thank you everyone for all the direct or indirect help provided here ;)

Comments

• Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Congrats my friend...I am working the 70-291 myself. I want to focus more on networking and cisco so I will probably stop at the MCSA and upgrade it later to one of the 2008 MS certs. From my studies, this material appears to be harder then the other test so I will be doing a song and dance when I pass myself. Congrats again!!!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    amidamaruamidamaru Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    IT Man wrote:
    Congrats my friend...I am working the 70-291 myself. I want to focus more on networking and cisco so I will probably stop at the MCSA and upgrade it later to one of the 2008 MS certs. From my studies, this material appears to be harder then the other test so I will be doing a song and dance when I pass myself. Congrats again!!!

Thank you. From my opinion,nowadays , is less important what technology do you know better then to know the principles. That's why I wish to finished with the MS Security as technology knowledge and start learning for the higher levers as SCCP, CISM or others ;)
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass, that sure isn't an easy test.

Good luck for the future icon_thumright.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    amidamaru wrote:
    After almost 2 months of learning and staying out of the Internet in generally I finally passed the 70-291 MS exam that seems to me a tough one because of the amount and complexity of the study material.

Congratulations on pass as well as the MCSA!
    amidamaru wrote:
    I know that maybe for some people this is no major achievement but for me is very imported one.

291 seems to be a pretty big deal for most people.
    amidamaru wrote:
    Next step will be 70-299, 70-298 and the Security +.

Have you already done 294?
    amidamaru wrote:
    I'm in the security field for a while and I realize that is the time to be certified in order to obtain better material advantages and not only ;)

Also, learning I have discovered some of my knowledge holes that need more attention from my part.

One of the reasons I like studying for certs is that it introduces me to a lot of material that I haven't had the chance to work with. That's really helped me expand my knowledge. Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    steve77uksteve77uk Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am taking this test on Wednesday 5th..

Dreading it - just got 73% on measureup.com

Need to blast those tests over the weekend i think!
    A+ | Network+ | MCSA 2003 | MCSE 2003 | MCSA: Messaging 2003 | VCP 410

Now need 2008 Enterprise AND Exchange 2010 :cry: