Gateway/Gatekeeper test now defunct?

I just read this post from another forum. Is it true that the Gwgk test is now extinct?

Guys, am I right that with the launch of the UC Manager 6.0 and latest CCVP track the exam configuring GWGK is gone?

Where is the concept of GWGK studied now? All I see with the new track is CVOICE, QoS, CIPT1, CIPT2 and Troubleshooting UC Manager.

Also, where can I get ahold of material for the UC Manager 6.0? All I see are books for the old Call Manager.

I am able to get the software UC Manager 6.0 but not books.

The exam is gone. Per Cisco, the GWGK material is covered in other cources and was thus removed (as a seperate class/test).

I just finished CVOICE v6 and there was a considerable section on GK in it. Not to mention that the entire course was configuring VoIP at the gateway level.

I imagine that Gatekeepers (within Call manager) will be covered in CIPT or TUC.

I'm about 3/4 through studying Gwgk, but if I don't have to take this test, per se (if it's covered in one of the other tests), then I'd like to know ASAP.
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Check out the Cisco CCVP Certification page.

There are two paths to the CCVP -- the Callmanager 4.x version or the Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.x path.

The GWGK 642-453 Gateway Gatekeeper Exam is part of the Cisco Unified CallManager 4.x path.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • CrunchyhippoCrunchyhippo Member Posts: 389
    Yeah, that's what I read, too. I don't know where this guy got his information. I *don't* want to be studying for a dead test, but it looks like I'm good.
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949