Options

Failed my A+

PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
Lot of questions on networks, batteries, CD Dries, CDs, wireless NW. I seemed to have got a few silly questions on CDs which confused me a bit.
Although i studied hard i only got 497.
I was very nervous on the day, although this isnt an excuse.

Whats the ethernet trans speed from the list below
100 ........i said 4 and 16.....once i finished the exam i knew that cat2 isnt etrhernt based so the answer should have been 16 and 100!

Im going to do it next week again!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Sorry to hear....take a look at the report you received after your exam...that should tell you your weak areas. You're smart enough to wait a week before you try again, so relax, study more, and go pass.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    PD75PD75 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah im going to wait until the friday after this friday.
    I need to brush up on troubleshooting printers. The 6 steps of the laser printer process i know already.

One area im concerned about is adding drives onto a PC and the various problems attached to this ie: master, slave, primary and secondary etc. This leaves me a little confused! icon_sad.gif

And i need to be less nervous too!
  • Options
    WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah heck, you'll get it next time! Try not to be nervous, instead (while enduring the test) just cop an attitude, like they won't get any more of "my hard earned cash".
    I found out if you're somewhat confused on a certain subject, examine another icon_study.gif author/book's concept and more than likely, that'll clear up some misconceptions you might not understand totally.
    Wishing you much luck......................> icon_wink.gif
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Good luck when you take it again, like rick said, you now know how the test is, and you know what you are weak on, study those and you'll be fine.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Ethernet would be 10 or 100. Token ring would be 4 or 16.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • Options
    HÆLLRÆZORHÆLLRÆZOR Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If first you don't succeed pick yourself up and try again dust yourself off and try again try again (listening to that alyiah song, man she was hot)
  • Options
    zoomanzooman Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Being a little nervous is only natural. You can reduce your nervouseness by being well prepared. I tend to over-study. The A+ is not a calkwalk. It can be a real challenge for someone with limited experience.

It is important that you have the CompTIA A+ study materials for the current revision of the exam. I purchased an older book ( no XP) then I picked up Exam Cram2 for 2003 A+. Its very comprehensive and includes several prep exams.

Also material on this site is a great value. I passed both A+ and Net+ first time out and I attribute a great part of my succes to TechExams.
  • Options
    kokopelikokopeli Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    lazyart wrote:
    Ethernet would be 10 or 100. Token ring would be 4 or 16.
    I was thinking the same thing, but was starting to doubt myself because no one else commented until you did .... :P
  • Options
    skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    paul1975 wrote:
    Yeah im going to wait until the friday after this friday.
    I need to brush up on troubleshooting printers. The 6 steps of the laser printer process i know already.

One area im concerned about is adding drives onto a PC and the various problems attached to this ie: master, slave, primary and secondary etc. This leaves me a little confused! icon_sad.gif

And i need to be less nervous too!

Definitely brush up on IDE drives. Anyone that's installed an extra drive before they really knew what the heck they were doing (like me some years back...) has suffered the agony of trying to figure out why things won't show up.

However, if you can't comfortably do such things (it's not so bad once you do it few times) then my guess is you need some more hands on experience before taking the exams.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber