Options

Recipent ploicy Mailbox managment not working

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
I have this setup to run agains all boxes on my backend server, and for some reason it keeps give me the report only. I have it set to run on friday at midnight but am doing the manual inititae. Any ideas? No other policy's above it that are in conflict that I see.

Comments

• Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I gotta be honest. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Sry, about the lack of details. I have made a reciepient policy to effect the mailboxes on a particular backend server. I have set it to delete all messages older than 14 days. For some reason it keeps processing like it's running under report only. The long and short of it is I want to delete all messages in deleted folder older than 14 days.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's called a Mailbox Manager policy. Messaging Records Management in Exchange 2007 is based off of the Mailbox Manager policies.

Are you running Mailbox Manager process during backup/online maintenance @ midnight? Try turning on the Diagnostic Logging for the MSExchangeSA which does the Mailbox Management.

Are you running the policy on your Inbox only? It doesn't work for subfolders, only defined folders. That is unless you defined, "All Other Mail Folders."
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks