Options

What's next..?

fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I passed the 70-290 exam yesterday with a 860. I took 2 months to study transcender, and CBT Nuggets.

Now I'm not sure if I should focus on the 291 or go for the 270.. any suggestions?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Firstly COngrats man!

Im suprised you didnt start at the 270 as most do. but the 291 is an extension to the 290 but also has alot of new material in there too so its usually a logical step to do the 291 after the 290.

But dont take the 291 lightly, its a pretty hard exam. I would go for the 291 then i would eventually do the Vista exam not the 270 as you can use the vista exam towards the 2008 track whereas if you take the 270 then you have to do the vista exam anyway if you upgrade to 2008.

Good luck
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would second taking the Vista exam unless there is a specific reason for taking the 270 (job requirement, expected by employer, etc). I would add that not only does it help in an eventual upgrade to MCITP 2008, but I found it to be much more straight forward than the 270.
  • Options
    fluk3dfluk3d Member Posts: 141 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I guess i'll do the vista, exam, what you guys are saying makes sense I was going to do the 291 just to get it out of the way considering everyone finds that exam one of the harder ones.

Time to go purchase cbt nuggets videos!
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If I were you, I'd go for 70-291 next. It's a beast of an exam, but after you're done, the client OS exam won't seem like such a monster. And, as stated, if you don't have a particular reason you need to test on XP, take 70-620 as your client exam.

Good luck! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Go ahead and start in on 70-291. It will be the most time consuming of them.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    blessed987blessed987 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i have my mcsa and did 290 and 291 already so what should i do next? want to get mcse or whatever the new name is