Options

Ad-hoc Hybrid routing protocols

nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
OK,

So a slight off topic but i thought this would be best off in the wireless forums even though it isnt a cert specific Q.

Ive just started a wireless module at uni and at some point we will be looking into routing protocols with a specific interest in hyrbid routing.

Ive started digging to get a slight head start and have found a list of the main hybrid protocols of hrpls, hsls, oorp, tora and zrp.

Firstly i am wondering which of these are current, still used or have any been phased out? also i am wondering if these were to be deployed which would you see most often?

i dont know how relevant all this is in the real world or is this a more theoretical aspect?

cheers
Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
WIP: Msc advanced networking

Comments

• Options
    Anyone at all?

Cant seem to find any "up to date" info on much really? are these even used in the real world or is this more towards an academic perspective?

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry man, hybrid routing protocols were only mentioned briefly in passing (at least for the CWNA). I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of help here.

Anything I find would initially come from Wikipedia and Google, and I think you're capable of handling those on your own :D
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Sorry man, hybrid routing protocols were only mentioned briefly in passing (at least for the CWNA). I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of help here.

Anything I find would initially come from Wikipedia and Google, and I think you're capable of handling those on your own :D

Hey dynamik,

God dammit! i tell ya these things seem scarce! there's not much info on them at all. By the looks of it our lecturer let slip that these would play a big part in our coursework!!

icon_eek.gif

...think i better prepare for the worst haha!

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    The only thing I know about these protocols is that they try to compensate for a dynamically-changing network due to the mobility of the nodes, and especially the access points. It's an interesting problem.
  • Options
    JDMurray wrote:
    The only thing I know about these protocols is that they try to compensate for a dynamically-changing network due to the mobility of the nodes, and especially the access points. It's an interesting problem.

Yeah, i have to admit after reading up on them a bit more it seems a very challenging problem to say the least.

The only papers i have been able to find on them are all the type where you have to pay for them and stuff!