Amazon.com recommends brain ****

GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
Went to go look at the new CCNA voice book and thought this was funny to see

amazonhk5.jpg

I am almost offended by this. I mean, no wonder so many idiots use **** these days.

Comments

• M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah...Wow. That's terrible. I would've never have thought to see something like that on some e-commerce site, especially something like amazon.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It is sponsored. Just means that Amazon does not do research on their advertisers and will take anyone as long as they are willing to pay... It's all about the $$$
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Ah, I should prolly just pay more attention then to the gigantic lettering above that. :D
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    That is pretty bad business if you ask me. I guess they can't check every advertiser though icon_rolleyes.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    M4verick wrote:
    Ah, I should prolly just pay more attention then to the gigantic lettering above that. :D

ya that is bad that people would be interested in that. i had a similar experience on a message board today while looking for some information on the CCIP track. Google linked me to this message board and the description mentioned study materials so I checked it out in hopes to find some more books. To my surprise, people were actually listing that same **** like it was a normal test material. I wanted to scream thinking about how much time we put into legitimately obtaining our certs while people shortcut it with that crap.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Luckily there are no brain **** for job interviews...
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just received a notification on my LinkedIn profile updates advising a new discussion had been started in one of the Cisco Certification groups that I'm a member of.......

I went to the discussion to see what it was about as it was a Storage and Systems Consultant with a PHD and what do I see............

"Hi ...
    Now you can access all (well known **** site)-CISCO documents for free."

and a link to a brain **** site......makes me sick!
  • AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    amp2030 wrote:
    Luckily there are no brain **** for job interviews...

actually there are...and effectives ones. A dude named Kevin Hogan is distributing them with impunity. Google or search in amazon.com :D.
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This is mess up... Someone need to tell Bill icon_lol.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It is sponsored. Just means that Amazon does not do research on their advertisers and will take anyone as long as they are willing to pay... It's all about the $$$
    You're probably right, that they don't research all their sponsors. Fact is, Amazon is so huge, with so many people clamoring to advertise, that they simply can't. The only thing that can really solve this is people reporting the dumper-companies to Amazon, explaining what they are, and requesting that they be blocked from advertising. If enough people complain, it'll get attention, otherwise it'll be ignored and forgotten by the company.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.