Options

70-294 before 70-293?

bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok, since picking up my MCSA earlier in the year, I've been slacking off on getting my Microsoft exams done. Looking at the exam topics for 70-294, I don't see much overlap with previous exams other than some FSMO stuff from 70-293.

The topics covered for 70-294 include more things I deal with on a daily basis than 70-293, so it would be a lot easier for me to get motivated to study for 294 first and get back in the MS exam mindset.

If you've taken both 293 and 294, would you recommend against this for any particular reason, or is it pretty safe to go back to 293 afterwards?
Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I did 294 after 290 and 270 and did fine. Going back through 293, there were a few things that would have helped, but at the same time, a little 294 knowledge helped out with other things along the way.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Can do either or first. The information between the two don't overlap nearly enough for it to make a difference.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the info. I'll jump into 70-294 now since it's easier to get motivated for that one.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.