Need opinion.

Well taking the final vendor for MCDST tomorrow! Whoo hoo!

Is it worth it to upgrade and take the Vista course?

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    I did it cause I didnt have much else to do at the time. Cheap way to add 2 certifications...not really worth it for the $$ IMHO if you dont need it.
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Demand for Vista is only growing. So heck yeah!
    -Daniel
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did it because I had spare time in between my normal studies.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Remember, 621 will count anywhere 620 does (brad- pointed that out to me, if I remember right), so you will also be able to apply that to the MCSA/E and/or the MCITP:EA if you want. Since you can use that for your client exam and the MCDST for your elective, you'll only be two away from the MCSA.
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you have the time, then you should. In long term is good career progression.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With windows 7 supposedly coming out by XMAS 2009, I wouldn't bother with Vista.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/11/08/windows_7_2009/
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Keep in mind that Windows XP stopped being sold at the end of last June (with a few exceptions). That leaves 18 months of Vista adoption in addition to what was already there. Only a small percentage of those machines will likely be upgraded to Windows 7.

Plus, Windows 7 is going to build off of Vista, so the more you know going into it, the easier it will be to get up to speed.

I'm curious to see how that schedule works out for them. They started the Vista betas early in the year that was released, but they were only able to get out a business release late in the fall, the consumer release fell to January. If they want this ready for consumers in time for the holidays, they're probably going to need to have it finalized around September or October. Maybe even earlier if you take training, drivers, etc. into account.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    if you have the time and money for it, then I say go for it. Plus, with one exam (70-621) you can get both MCTS & MCITP.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/vistaupgrade/default.mspx
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion