CCDA Advice

shepwadshepwad Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Folks,

I recently passed CCNP, I'm thinking of doing CCDA and CCDP as it will be only two exams to get these as my routing and switching exams count towards CCDP.

Will my CCNP experience make CCDA any easier?

Comments

• wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I did CCDA after CCNA and found it fairly easy, and having almost done CCNP I think it would be even easier, dont know about te design exam for CCDP
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Yeah, CCDA is easier for a CCNP, but CCNP is easier for a CCDA as well.

Although Cisco often promotes and describes it differently, CCDA is fun, it's interesting, and very doable, but it is mainly meant for consultant, sales reps, etc. i.o.w those who talk about it instead of actually doing it.

If your goal is to eventually actually design network, you'd be better of going for CCNP first, get a couple of years of experience building and administering networks, and than take the design route.
  • shepwadshepwad Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm currently design and implementing large networks, I'd like to learn CCDA/DP to give me a better idea of the appropriate techniques to use.

Eventually I'd like to go into consulting so I think these certs would help me in to move in that direction.

Any advice on the exam will be appreciated.
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    what are the recommended books to get for ccda cert?
  • blork_98blork_98 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    hey wildfire.. how'd u prep for the ccda? which books did u use? thnx.. just got my ccna today and tryin to decide whether to study for ccda or ccnp first.. thnx