first aplus core

dondaddadondadda Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi everyone i am hoping to taket the a plus on monday and would really appreciate any pointers that you could send my way as i have been at the book for a while now and i really need to pass it thank you

Comments

• mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Try to focus on:

*Basic Networking Concepts (Topologies,Wireless, Ethernet, Internet Connectivity and etc)
    *Installing Devices (Floppy, Hard Drive, CD-rom, RAM,Ide Cables and etc)
    *Upgrading PC's
    *Troubleshooting
    *Distinguish between popular CPU types, Motherboard components and SCSI devices.
    *Printers and Printer problems
    *IRQ's, DMA's, I/O addresses

There are obviousley more objectives but that's the kind of concepts i got hit with on the exam.
  • dondaddadondadda Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks bro as the jitters has got me all over worring about this thing i tell you it takes some healthy nerves doing this beleive me
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    First, check the Objectives . Make sure you can answer one question on each objective, even if it's a question you make up. Second, get some good study material. I used Mike Myers AIO guide, which I liked. I also used this sites FREE Technotes . I would reccomend using a second source for studies, to cover any overlaps. Thirdly, and maybe most importantly....STAY AWAY FROM BRAINDUMPS!!! Check here , for a good article explaining ****.

Remember, it's not impossible, if you want it.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Stick with knowing the objectives and look for exam advisory/tips in the books you are reading. icon_study.gif Most importantly----> the night before, shut the book up early in the evening, do something fun and get a good night's sleep. sleeping.gif
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_redface.gif Oh yeah----> Good Luck !!!
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"
  • lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
    thank you guys and the administrator of the website. i took it monday morning and there were a few of questions about internet technology and floppy drive cables hard drives compatibility but it was all good to go i mean i worried but it all became lite after i did it thaqnk you again guys anyone taking it now take my advice as well read alot on mainboards and processors and the stuff above as well
    one love
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I know its been a long time but i have been trying to get prepared for this 70290 and its been hell but i knocking it one by one till i get it. just want to know the passing score and any advice you guy have up your sleeve the a plus OS was a tough one i really had to go over that exam twice before i submitted it to make sure i passed. and i would tell anyone work hard to know your os inside out because i tought and knew it till it made me sweat. network plus was easy to work with beleive me but still try to know it. any way i have to go so especially folks who have taken the new exam. let me hear some facts on it okay. thanks and have a good one