Internet Printing

Having problems with Internet printing at work.

[UPDATE - can now access server - thanks dynamik, can see printers but cannot go any further when clicking on each individual printer to access properties - screenshot below]

We've moved all the networked printers from one win 2003 DC to another Win 2003 member server as DC was a bit busy.

Since then, we are unable to open the properties of each printer via internet explorer.

e.g. http://servername/printers

i.e. we can see all the printers in the list via internet explorer but cannot get to the properties of each printer (say to clear the print queue).

All permissions in IIS seem ok - compared with old server to no avail.

Any ideas please?

error as below:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

internetprintererror.jpg

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go to IIS, right-click on the site and choose properties. Then go to the directory security tab click [edit] under "IP address and domain name restrictions". You probably have some sort of restriction set up.

For posting an image: Hit [prtscn] to capture a screen shot. Then, paste it into an image editor (even MS Paint works) and save it as a jpg. Finally, upload it somewhere (Photobucket, ImageShack, personal website, etc.) and link to it here.
  • neathneathneathneathneathneath Member Posts: 438
    [UPDATE - can now access server - thanks dynamik, can see printers but cannot go any further when clicking on each individual printer to access properties - screenshot above]

If i'm in IIS I can view the various INDIVIDUAL printers - unable to do this via internet explorer.
    I'm not able to clear any print queues - permissions probs

I'm sure its a permissions problem but the printers are setup on a MEMBER server rather than a DC. I'm logged in as a Domain Admin so would asume all is ok.

Any thoughts on permissions / rights on a member server rather than on a DC that would prevent proper access ??

Wierd.........