640-801 Advice...

BrownstoneBrownstone Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have my 640-801 on Friday morning, and was wondering if you guys had any advice on which topics in particular I should really be studying? It will be my first time attempting the test, so I don't really know what to expect. Pretty nervous if the truth be told. Mind, it is also the day of my 30th birthday, so let's hope that brings me some good luck ;)

Cheers,

BS...
EMail me at brownstone1892@gmail.com

TVR.jpg

Visit the unofficial (and best) Newcastle United website here

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Brownstone wrote:
    I have my 640-801 on Friday morning, and was wondering if you guys had any advice on which topics in particular I should really be studying?

No one can tell you what topics you should be studying for. You're the only one that can determine that. What are your weaknesses??? WANs, Subnetting, Routing and their protocols, Access-List, VLAN's??? You're the only one that can answer that question. Have you gone over the the exam topics??? My suggestion to you is that if you have not looked at the exam topics that are tested that you reschedual the exam and study each topic until you feel confident that you know enough material to do well on th 801.

The test are also random and no one gets the same test. What I am tested on could be a whole lot different then what you're tested on. That's why you have to make sure you know the material.

Wish you the Best of Luck and Hope you pass on your B-Day!!! icon_thumright.gif:Dicon_clown.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • schneemanschneeman Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hardwork my friend.Study and learn logic and reasons and never memorize something if you dont know why it's there.Try to learn reasons and of course your study material is very important Cisco Press 2004 Wendell Odom series are very good material for 640-801.Learn and study and again and again.Solve the scenarios and look for the internet also
    www.free-tests.com has got about 200+ questions and it's a good starting point.Solve and understand the questions and answers logic.You always ask yourself why or why not?.
    That's the key i think.
    Ah one more note for you.
    Good luck and happy birthday icon_wink.gif
  • BrownstoneBrownstone Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the best wishes guys, but I really don't feel confident at all. I just haven't revised enough. Simple as. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. At least I'll know better what to expect the next time, and I can revise a lot more. I'll let you know how I do tomorrow.

Cheers,

BS...

TVR.jpg

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    GOOD LUCK!!! icon_sunny.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • BrownstoneBrownstone Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good news, but not the good news I was hoping for, I had to reschedule as the test computer wouldn't connect to the test delivery system. Huzzah! I have another month to revise now and will make sure I'm hitting 90%+ on the **** tests before I resit.

Cheers,

BS...

TVR.jpg