70-351 kicked my a$$

Well I sat the 351 exam yesterday and scored an embarrassing 600 on it. icon_redface.gif The only bright side is I registered for my 2nd shot, so I'll be taking this again in early dec. I thought I was well prepped for this one, however when I sat down and starting going through the questions I was drawing a blank. Now I've got to find a prometric testing center that is open on the weekends, my employer won't let me take another day off for this & I have no more vacation days left.

Still upset about the score icon_evil.gif
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    If you haven't read Tom Shinder's book, I HIGHLY recommend reading it. It does an excellent job of explaining all the key concepts to pass the exam and to work with the product. One of the best tech books I've read to be honest. I passed ISA 2004 two years ago using the 2004 version of the book, then skimmed over it again a year later to prep on ISA 2006, while supplementing it with info on the new ISA 2006 features, and I passed both on the first attempt. I looked over the MS Press version of the 2004 book, and it doesn't hold a candle to Shinder's.
    Good luck to all!
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IT_Admin wrote:
    Well I sat the 351 exam yesterday and scored an embarrassing 600 on it. icon_redface.gif The only bright side is I registered for my 2nd shot, so I'll be taking this again in early dec. I thought I was well prepped for this one, however when I sat down and starting going through the questions I was drawing a blank. Now I've got to find a prometric testing center that is open on the weekends, my employer won't let me take another day off for this & I have no more vacation days left.

Still upset about the score icon_evil.gif

Have you done a lot of lab work in this? I found the 350 one of the easier MCSE exams, but I had set ISA up and used it in my home environment. I suggest that you make sure you do lots of labs.