Options

Recommended Lab Environment for 70-298/70-299

natestreetnatestreet Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,
Currently, I have two desktops which I typically run Server software on and one workstation which is currently running Vista Ultimate. My question is whether I can use my two spare severs for the labs (one server/one client) or whether I need to run VMWare on my Vista Machine for an XP Client.

I’ve used this lab for my Network Infrastructure exam lab that typically required all sorts of zone transfers/subdomains, etc. , however, I am not aware of how many computers I will need for the MS Press Labs for 70-298.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thanks,
Nate

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Whatever you used for 291 and 293 will be sufficient; most of the material is going to be review from those two. Speaking of 293, I don't see that in your list. Did you omit that or have you not taken it? I would highly recommend doing 293 before 298 and 299.
  • Options
    natestreetnatestreet Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Dynamik,
    I thought going for 70-293 would be the wisest move as well especially after taking a brief “breather” to get the Security+ exam. However, after talking with a MCT instructor, he recommended just going for the 70-298/70-299 exams and knocking those out of the way since I am already “security” focused.
    I have actually read the MS Press book and done the labs for 70-293, so nothing in the exam would be completely new.
    I’m liking the Security stuff more and more so I really want to continue along this security focus…
    Speaking of out of order though, I ran into a guy at the testing center who was completing his MCSE. I asked him which exam he was taking and he said “70-291”.
    He failed it.
    I still have nightmares about that exam…yikes. I’ll probably need to see a good shrink before completing 70-293.

Nate
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you're going to make things a lot harder on yourself than they need to be. PKI is a huge part of security, and the 293 MS Press book does a terrible job of covering it. You can do what you want, but I'd strongly encourage you to do 293 first.