Options

Passed today - but not sure how

mojomuchmojomojomuchmojo Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was in there for over an hour, really sweating it out. When it came time to press the "END" button, I really felt that I would fail (I still had 12 questions with the "mark" which means it was basically a best guess).

Test was ambiguous to say the least - 14 of the "exhibit" type questions, several text questions so poorly worded I couldn't ascertain what the intent was (literally, one question says "you are able to ping all of them inside the server" - can you believe that?!? Are they outsourcing the writing??), and of course a couple of obscure ones (what protocol works with IP to provide error reporting? - I chose ICMP but not sure if that was right, the only other TCP suite protocol listed was SNMP which I have no practical experience with.)

Of course there was a nice stretch of 15 questions that were basics (the stuff covered in the first 3 chapters of any study book) that you could rip off in about 1 minute.

Well, I pressed the END button and was mildly surprised to see "congratulations", but REALLY surprised to see a score of 860.

Now, I don't want to start a conspiracy theory here, but I honestly don't believe I got an 860 on that test. For a fact I know there were four questions regarding "MAU"'s which I answered as if they were "MSAU"'s - yet the score sheet didn't mention that I had missed any questions in that vein. Yeah, that peeed me off too - how many times does the study material mention MAU's? Oh, about once, in passing.

Final note - I never scored above an 89% on any of the practice tests I took (when scored as a straight ratio percentage of wrong/right).

Well, never look a gifthorse in the mouth, I always say. I'm just glad its over.

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Congrats! Was there much IP addressing? Did it seem harder than A+?
  • Options
    TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new cert.
  • Options
    cliffjagcliffjag Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz m8.

nice score and also a good feedback.
    Alway try,never give up to easy.

Ok

Deal ,
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    D-boy wrote:
    Congrats! Was there much IP addressing? Did it seem harder than A+?

No IP addressing. Just know what A - B & C. Its that Simple, you get into Subnetting in CCNA.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congrats!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    zoomanzooman Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW , High score!

I know the feeling well ... I passed but HOW?

I felt confident 90% of the way through Net+ and did not feel to good about A+ OS exam. I guess its because I got MCSA before I did Comp TIA so I had a firm hold on NT and LAN.

I missed a question about how many wires are used in Cat 5 cable with a 10Base-T card. Go figure.

I have noticed than the so called 'correct' answer to a 'question' on a Microsoft exam varies from the correct answer on a CompTIA exam. example an so on.
  • Options
    WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    icon_bounce.gif I'd be jumpin' up and down with that nice score---Congratulations!
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"