Retrieving second shot voucher?

Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is there anyway to find out my second shot voucher number from Microsoft? I took a test a while back and failed and went to go sign up again and can't find my voucher number.

Thank You

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think you usually have to use the voucher within a specified period of time. Is it possible it expired? How long ago was your first shot at the exam?
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    They should have e-mailed it to you, check old mail maybe?
  • Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is still good, think it was beginning of summer and yes I have. I had printed it and saved it on a drive but drive died and wife cleaned. Deadly combination!!!
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Kevin10686 wrote:
    It is still good, think it was beginning of summer and yes I have. I had printed it and saved it on a drive but drive died and wife cleaned. Deadly combination!!!

Dang bro, I wish you luck. The drive dying I can probably work around, but when the wife goes on a rampage cleaning not much survives. icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You needed to use the code when you signed up for your first attempt.

The promotion is still going. Just request another one. You'll still have to pay for your retake, but that'll cover you if you happen to fail again (hope not!).
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Kevin10686 wrote:

Could have been worse. Your wife could have died, and drive was cleaned. icon_lol.gif

You had to use the second shot voucher code on your first exam, so check receipts of your first exam sign up.
    Good luck to all!
    I used it on my first exam but on the receipts and confirmation page it leaves it blank
  • kctxaukctxau Member Posts: 130
    The testing center (Prometric?) may be able to tell you. Although, you might have to go to the testing center and provide two types of ID to get them to do so.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Kevin10686 wrote:
    I used it on my first exam but on the receipts and confirmation page it leaves it blank
    really? when i printed out my last confirmation page from Prometric, it listed the voucher number under "discount code" towards the bottom of the confirmation.

Worst case scenario, you can always go back to Microsoft. They might be able to help you. Try the Regional Service Center page - if you call the number for your area and swear up & down that you are who you say you are, they might be able to pull the records from your first exam.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't think it gives you any confirmation when you use it. The only notice you get is an error if something is wrong. It's pretty dumb.

Fortunately, I haven't had to take a retest, so I'm not sure what the procedure is. I was under the impression that you just called Prometric to schedule your retake.
    well I stand corrected...either Prometric displays funny in FF3, or they've changed their website. I just scheduled my Network+ exam through Prometric, and my "confirmation page" consisted of the following:
    Exam Confirmation
    Please print this page for your records.

Exam Registration Summary
    There is no new test information to confirm.

Please go to candidate history to see your existing exam information.

NICE! How helpful of them. I dunno if it didn't display squat because this was a voucher I entered on a previous scheduling (which I subsequently cancelled, boo) or if their website is just funked up.

Anywho, I'd suggest calling the Microsoft Regional Service Center - I've called them before to reset the email/Live ID my MCP ID was linked to & they were very nice & helpful. Once you convince them you're you & they give you the voucher number, you can either call Prometric to schedule the exam OR you can go online to schedule it & just enter the voucher number like you did the first time around.[/quote]

I emailed Prometric and asked them if they could look up on their part when I registered and all my info. I entered and they saw it on their side and give me it. Thank God!
    glad to hear it!

...now plaster your walls with that print out and send it via email to a friend or two for safe-keeping, just in case! icon_lol.gif