MCTS 70-620...

Hey up guys,

I've been studying for the 70-620 exam now for some months using the Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client Self Paced Training Kit by Ian McLean and Orin Thomas. I'm booked in for my exam in about a month.

I've a couple of questions for you 70-620 certified wizards out there. Firstly, I'm a little worried that the Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client Self Paced Training Kit won't cover all the topics on the exam! For instance, Bit locker doesn't even get a mention in the Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client Self Paced Training Kit!!! Surely there's something wrong with that! Am I right to be panicking? Do you think if I know the Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client Self Paced Training Kit inside out I should be ok for the exam?

Secondly, the Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista Client Self Paced Training Kit comes with an exam engine which is great for testing my knowledge and exposing areas in which I need to strengthen my understanding. However, I've pretty much exhausted the questions and can answer them all correctly! Do you think that means I should be ready for the exam? I need another source of questions, the questions you get online are very poorly written. Does anyone know where I can download PASSED PAPERS that DON'T contain questions that will be included on the actually exam (I don't want to **** myself having put in so much revision)?

Final question, what is the passing percentage required? Someone has told me it's 85%? I've also been told Microsoft exams are usually 70%? Clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this. Further thanks to anyone that replies. :D

Regards.
Matt of England

Comments

• ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    The Vista exam i think most people would agree is the easiest exam from Microsoft at this current point. I recently took the exam this year and would also agree with this

Since microsoft really does not release how they grade the exam its hard to say the exact % of questions you need correct. Passing score is currently 700.

I would focus on some of the following Topics.

Tablet PC ( Things such as pen flicks etc)
    User Account Control
    Side Bar
    Remote Access
    IE 7 Features

Those are the ones i can remember at this point.

If you have not taken the exam yet. Get your second shot coupon from microsoft and go take a test shot at the exam. Really sounds like your ready for it.

Best of luck Hope i answered a few of your questions
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    Having recently taken the 620, I can tell you that the Self Paced Training Kit (referred to as MS Press book on these boards) covers pretty much everything. At least, when I took the exam I saw nothing that it hadn't covered.

Passing score is 70%, if you've played around with Vista for a while, the exam is really easy. The exam questions were very similar to the practice ones in that book, you're most likely ready for it.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Be sure to review the exam objectives if you're wondering if a topic is covered: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-620.aspx

620 is more of a home-based exam, so you're going to see more things like media center and less things like bitlocker.
  • mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    Cheers for your responses guys it's greatly appreciated.

I'll let you know how i go. :D
    Matt of England
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck ..

Btw., since you use the MSPRESS book - take a look here :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941753/en-us

This book has over 20 book correction thus far ..

Oh and the passing rate is 700 points and not 70% ...

Might be pretty much the same, but if the exam has 100 questions, it doesn't mean you can have 30 wrong and pass as some questions have a different weight .. and no, Microsoft has not released how their point system works :)
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • john.adamjohn.adam Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Mattipler

There is nothing difficult with Microsoft 70-620 Configuring Windows Vista. I just passed this 70-620 exam with 89% marks.

Good wishes for u.

John
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    While I agree that it's not that difficult as other exams, don't take it lightly. Maybe I got a draw of tougher questions, but it did have a few difficult questions on it. I passed relatively easily, but I did spend a month or so prepping for it, and I've run Vista on my home machine for over a year.
    Good luck to all!
  • bliznakobliznako Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have passed 70-620 just recently with 930 points... I used MS book for studying myself and I've been using Vista Business for more than a year now.

The exam is light (won't say easy, tends to throw people off track and make silly mistakes), but compared to, lets say 70-640 - my next in line, it's a walk in the park. MS book covers all exam questions and if you know it inside and out, be confident and go get that exam. The focus is more on the new features... I think the BitLocker is in one of the other Vista exams, not sure though.

Good luck.
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass.

I took the MCDST upgrade to MCIPT EST test and don't remember a single bitlocker question. Currently working on 70-640 and still haven't seen much talk of it. Again congrats on the score and pass.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • mattiplermattipler Member Posts: 175
    Exam tomorrow! Cr*pping myself! icon_sad.gif Confidence a bit up and down but i'm sure i'll do ok! I'll let you know how I get on... cheers guys.
    Matt of England