640-553 IINS

bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
What are your thoughts on this exam? Seems to me Cisco is really hard-defining the roles and responsibilities of network administrators. Looking at the blueprint of this vs. 642-825, doesn't it seem like IINS is basically a subset of ISCW?

To me, I think the CCNA Security is a good idea, but they really should have looked at their overall roadmap and perhaps allowed for some bundling and cross-training paths. ie. allowing 642-825 as a substitute prereq. for CCNA Sec., or 642-845 ONT has a substitute for prereq. to CCVP.

Their business side seems to be going in the direction that "Cisco Network should be your company network." - get everything Cisco, I think the Certification/Training needs to follow this more and more as oppose to making their 6 tracks almost independent.....
Jack of all trades, master of none

Comments

• Deltah_Deltah_ Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Since the last summer, I have passed ISCW, Security+ and BCMSN, and now studying for CCNA:Sec is like a simple revision of the major topics that I have seen in these previous exams.

CCNA:Sec need to be more specific because there is a lot of overlap with ISCW.
    250$ is too expensive for the minimal " exclusive " topics that CCNA:Sec covers.