CWWLSE-1030-K9

livenliven Member Posts: 918
CWWLSE-1030-K9

Would this be sufficient for the CCNP track?

I know lots of the guys think a wifi controller is not necessary for these exams... But part of me wants to leave no stone unturned.

Thoughts/comments please?
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    liven wrote:
    CWWLSE-1030-K9

Would this be sufficient for the CCNP track?

I know lots of the guys think a wifi controller is not necessary for these exams... But part of me wants to leave no stone unturned.

Thoughts/comments please?

Well they go for around $1700

And you will also need at least one Cisco access point

It's one of those items that you can do without, unless your lab budget is sky high
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    I guess my question is do they have most of the same functionality as a 2006, looks like less users.
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    For a home lab, if you can afford it, any Cisco WLAN controller will do (if you can afford one). Just go for the one you can afford.

If it's for work, it depends on the size of your network.

For me, it would be a cool new toy for my lab. But my wife would insist I use the money to get us new carpet. Or towards a new car.

:)
  • livenliven Member Posts: 918
    I totally understand.

Just can't decide if I wan to pull the trigger on this thing or not... If it will help with more than just one test then it is totally worth it, otherwise I will pass...
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Others who've done more exams than me will know better here, but I made it through ONT just fine without any WLAN controller experience. I just studied the configuration guides on Cisco's site like crazy and tried to get as much info on them as I could.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog