A+ Certifaction, Studying Tip

qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
I know there's a category for A+ Certifaction but my question resides in both of them. I'm curious, I'm trying to work out my time with school and studying.

Question is, Should I study for the Core Exam, take the exam, then study for the OS Exam, and then take the test?

Or should I just study for both and take them both at the same time?

Any recommendations?
Again, as you see, this question concerns both categorys in A+ so I didn't want to just place it in one section.

Thanks in Advance :D
World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.

Comments

• D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    I would study for one at a time. Do Core 1st, then do OS. I used Mike Meyers All-in-one A+ Certifcation 5th Edition and Faster, Smarter A+ certification Books, plus some Transcenders. That's all you need! There both not that hard, I walked into Core and passed with no studying icon_wink.gif . OS I studied for 2 weeks and took the test and passed.
  • qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    Is there a time limit set for when you have to have both tests done?
    For Example, I took Core today, passed, how long could I hold off until I took the OS part of the exam?
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Congrats! There is no time limit... but it is best to bang the other exam out, trust me it's not that hard dont take too long between exams, keep the flow going. I would say you will be ready in 2-3 weeks tops!
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    I went three weeks between the exams. As long as you take the second one before the objectives expire you would be fine. I wouldnt expect to see that happen for another 2 years.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I took both in the same day, but I've been working with the stupid things for years and I just wanted it over with.

It depends on your personal affinity. If you're a slow learner like me, just make sure you do well on practice tests before taking the exam.

A note on practice exams: make sure you don't take the same one more than twice. I noticed that even if I don't conciously remember, my brain still recognizes the pattern. I would imagine the effect to be similar to a brain ****: you could pass the exam but not have one darn clue in the real world.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • jagcatjagcat Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I did the core first, studied hard for two weeks and passed.
    Found the core pretty straight forward.

I took about six weeks before taking the OS and passed.

I also used the Michael Myers All In One A+ Certification exam guide, The Cisco IT essentials 1: PC Hardware and Software Companion Guide and Curt Simmons Windows 2000 Hardware and Disk Management books.

I had also gathered many questions from online sites and other sources, then produced question and answer sheets.
    Then drove members of family nuts by getting them to fire random questions at me, this was indeed a very great help.

Also having a couple of old machines with 98se and WIN2K installed.
    I just played about with these, the machine with WIN2K was a great help without doubt.

Good luck

icon_cool.gif
    "Do or do not there is no try" --- Yoda The Empire Strikes Back ---