Options

PASSED

gbagirl73gbagirl73 Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
:D:D Thankyou for the tech notes here. They are brilliant. It was really nerve racking, but I finally did it. After 25 mins I was out of there. I had a lot of DSL questions, but manage to scrape through.

Know your ports like the back of your hand!! Lots of scenario questions too. You need to get 646 or more. I got exactly 646..phew!!

Test materials used were:
Faster smarter books
Exam cram
and Transcender.(which are great!)

Can someone tell me what the A+ and N+ is equilavent to? eg, gcse, A -levels, degrees?.
Security + next!!!

Comments

• Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Congrats! Did you have any hands on? Or prior experience?
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I don't believe that there is an "equivalent" anything. But they're both honored--the depth being dependent on the individual employer. I got my first IT job by applying, but I got $1.00 more per hour because I had A+ and Net+, so maybe you could say that they're equivalent to $1/hr.....in some cases anyway.

The place where I work now, requires that the tech get A+ certification within 6 months of being hired, and a new job description they're woking on requires that the applicant have a 4-year technical degree and be A+ certified.

Another advantage of having the certs is that the combination can be used to fulfill an elective requirement for the Microsoft MCSA & MCSE certifications.

Anyway, in some circles you have a winning combination.

Best of luck on your future!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    WilByteWilByte Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    :D My Congratulations!
    "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity"