Options

Help

DjScientistDjScientist Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,i just need a clarification on something here.I took 270,290,291 respectively and i decided to take Security+ as an elective for MCSA.I passed it yesterday,Security+.I understand once i pass my Security+ i should be MCSA,i hope am not wrong cos i will be very embarrassed if i am. Anyway what i wanted to ask is,how are my certs going incorporated?I mean between Microsoft and CompTIA?am i still going to get my welcome kit from Microsoft?Does this mean i am both MCSA and Security+ or i i don't have to mentioned them separately as Security+ added for my MCSA?I hope someone understand what am trying to say.Am sure some people here have done it they way i did it.
Thank you all and i hope i will get a positive feedback from you.
Working on 293:

Comments

• Options
    megasysmegasys Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,i just need a clarification on something here.I took 270,290,291 respectively and i decided to take Security+ as an elective for MCSA.I passed it yesterday,Security+.I understand once i pass my Security+ i should be MCSA,i hope am not wrong cos i will be very embarrassed if i am. Anyway what i wanted to ask is,how are my certs going incorporated?I mean between Microsoft and CompTIA?am i still going to get my welcome kit from Microsoft?Does this mean i am both MCSA and Security+ or i i don't have to mentioned them separately as Security+ added for my MCSA?I hope someone understand what am trying to say.Am sure some people here have done it they way i did it.
    Thank you all and i hope i will get a positive feedback from you.

Passing 70-270, 70-290 and 70-291 makes you an MCSA. If you are going for MCSA Security, your Security+ will do as an elective but you will also need to pass 70-299. Check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/security/windowsserver2003.mspx

As for instructions on how your Security+ can be credited by MS, check out http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

Hope this clears everything icon_smile.gif