On line rack

ManglianManglian Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there

I am trying to get connected to free( trial )online CCNA Rack, but cant open router and switches when click them. When I click them alert message pop ups and say "The protocol specified in this address is not valid. Make sure your address is correct and try again."

What is my ip address when I am connected with a router at LAN if there is some thing wrong with my IP address. Or is it something wrong with Telnet as i m using IE 7. I know on IE7 telnet is diable and I try to enable it but above message pops up. Any idea would be much appreciated ?

Cheers

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No disrespect but why would you post that here? isnt that something for there support to deal with?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • ManglianManglian Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Dear its a general question relating CCNA preparation if you can help that is great otherwise point me place to where I can get answer for this general question. People out there use CCNA or CCNP RACK they might have got similar proplem and they might come up with any sort of solution. It was the logic behind posting this general question, hope this help
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    It doesn't sound like you are connected to the 'CCNA RACK' it the traditional fashion. What vendor is this?

Are you able to just telnet to these devices via your command prompt, and skip whatever they are trying to do through your browser?
    GT-Rob wrote:
    It doesn't sound like you are connected to the 'CCNA RACK' it the traditional fashion. What vendor is this?

Are you able to just telnet to these devices via your command prompt, and skip whatever they are trying to do through your browser?

Many Thanks GT-Rob

I am not sure if i am allowed to post it but here is the link h**:/www.mindtechcom.com. Basically I contacted help desk of the company and they said its IE7 which do not have enable TELNET by default. They helped rectify the problem. but unfortunately i justcant not see the CLI of the router and switch from the topology

I can reach to the lab topology and when i click it gives pop up alert message. How can I do it through command prompt ? sorry I m not very much into it. icon_cry.gif . Could it be problem due to firewall ? I tried to ping the company througyh cmd but it fails.

Thanks once again
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Have you tried tweaking your firewalls? That'd be one of the first things you could do.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    "Our system uses TCP ports 32772 to 32803 to access the devices so if you're behind a firewall you have to make sure that those ports are open."

Try to turn off any firewalls you are running and try it.

I have never personally used mindtech as there are much cheaper options out there, so I am not sure how they allow you to connect. Have you tried to connect in Firefox?
    Thanks Essendon and GT-Rob

Yeah I will now turn off firewall and see what happens as soon as I come back from work.

Cheers
    Hi there

Just to let you I tried following combinations

(My NEW PC) Firewall (off)+IE7= no connection (same problem)
    (My OLD PC) No Firelwall+IE6= CCNP/CCNA RACK working

still trying to sort out problem, but thank you very much for GT-Rob and Essendon for their in put

Cheers
  • EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    You might have turned off the firewalls but sometimes there are services that are still running. Hope you've tried turning off the firewalls from services.msc too...Just an idea. icon_idea.gif
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com