Options

I'm going to take my Net+ soon.

TattooMattTattooMatt Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
I'm going to take my Net+ soon. I'm kind of sketched about it.

My experience is limited to building and fixing PCs and networks for myself, family and friends. I'm A+ified and I've worked on fire alarm systems that run Win2k Server (fire alarm systems that are basically bus, star or token ring networks).

I've been studying my butt off and I've been scoring no less than 95% on most practice exams.

Judging by what everyone else says about the exam I think I'll do ok but I'm still skeptical. icon_rolleyes.gif
How many do I have now donut lady!?!?!

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    You're probably ok. Net+ isn't that difficult. I though it was easier than A+. Go over the objectives, just to make sure. Keep studying, and relax. If you're nervous, it will affect how you think during the exam.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Sinc you already have A+, which covers a good deal of Net+ material, and you're doing so well on practice exams, you should go ahead and take the exam. I assume that you have tried the practice exams here on Techexams. I found them to be a pretty good indicator of readiness.

Best of luck!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    TattooMattTattooMatt Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yes. I have tried the practice exams here. I've combined it with various paper tests (back 'o the book tests) :D and as many free tests I can find online. My weakest area was port numbers but I've been taking the port test a few times each night and now I'm golden.

Part of me knows I'll do fine but part of me is just worried that I'm going to get some unexpected schtuff on the exam.
    How many do I have now donut lady!?!?!
  • Options
    lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    To better memorize the ports, start with a small list.. maybe 4 or 5 and spend a few days memorizing those, then add a couple more. Keep on this pattern until you've got a dozen or so down.

I had a drag and drop question on my exam last week. It showed 5 port numbers and you had to drag the name of the service to match. Since I had written down my memorized port numbers before the exam started I just looked at my notes and matched them up.

HTTP, HTTPS/SSL, FTP, Telnet, TFTP, DNS, POP3/IMAP and SMTP are probably the ones you are most likely to see. Some of those you should already know.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.