I'm planning on taking Net+ this weekend

D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
I'm planning on taking Net+ this weekend, I feel I know enough through my studies and experience. I have been getting about 650-700 out of 900 on the Net+ Transcenders which is not that high. Are the questions on the Transcenders harder than the real exam? I have heard some people on here get through the exam in 20-30 minutes is it that easy?

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Ya, it took me 20 mintues, I didn't even think about it untill I sat in my car & saw the time. It was my 1st exam and I was dissapointed & felt let down for all my studying and the test turned out to be an absolute JOKE. People say this is harder than A+, I can't imagine how easy A+ is. GL! (not that you need it)
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Really, What books did you read? Did you use Transcenders too?
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have actually heard that A+ is harder because of the broad range of exam topics to prepare for. I'm sure it just has to do with your experience and comfort level. Good luck on your exam this weekend.
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    D-boy wrote:
    Really, What books did you read? Did you use Transcenders too?

Exam Cram2 & technotes from here. All you need is technotes from here. I have never used transcenders, over priced.
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    garv is right-- the technotes here are good stuff. Network+ is pretty easy. I took just over 20 minutes to finish it. If you know networking it's a snap.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • ZraxniahZraxniah Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took net+ years ago, and didn't think it was hard, but I took CCNA a week after that and thought it was pretty easy as well. Transcenders I have used, and have found they are slightly harder than the actual test, although a fairly accurate representation. The more CompTIA tests I take, the less I like CompTIA (recently passed Sec+). Anyway, if you're scoring well on the practices tests for this site, you're probably good to go (I've found the questions on this site to be a bit harder than exams -- I took the OSI model test to see if I still remembered the stuff -- got like 85 or 90%)

One recommendation -- make sure you know subnetting -- thats what got me 10.53.2.6/12 -- be prepared to say what the range is for that IP,etc. I can't remember all that even today, and I'm going to study for the CCNA again.

Sigh

GL
    :)
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Zraxniah wrote:
    One recommendation -- make sure you know subnetting -- thats what got me 10.53.2.6/12 -- be prepared to say what the range is for that IP,etc.
    No, subnetting is not a topic for the Network+ exam. Subnets are, subnetting not.
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5360
    Webmaster wrote:
    Zraxniah wrote:
    One recommendation -- make sure you know subnetting -- thats what got me 10.53.2.6/12 -- be prepared to say what the range is for that IP,etc.
    No, subnetting is not a topic for the Network+ exam. Subnets are, subnetting not.
    icon_arrow.gifwww.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5360

One less thing to worry about! icon_wink.gif

Thank you all for all your feed back it is very helpful and I can't wait to take this test I feel so ready!!!
    What layer are Switches at?
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    One advice I always give to potential Net+ exam takers is, always read the questions carefully. You get so much info on some of them that you have to be sure that you are using only the information that you need to solve the problem and answer the question. You have plenty of time. Taking less time than alotted will not give a better score, so relax a bit.

Some folks have such a handle on some of this stuff that they can complete in a very short time, and after you get started you may be one of those, but be careful and read carefully.

I actually enjoyed this taking this one! Hope your experience is the same.

Best of luck, D-boy!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • TeKniquesTeKniques Member Posts: 1,262 ■■■■□□□□□□
    D-boy wrote:

Layer 2

But I have read about Layer 3 switches. I believe for the Net+ they focus on switches being layer 2 devices. At least I hope so too :D
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    TeKniques wrote:
    D-boy wrote:

Layer 2

But I have read about Layer 3 switches. I believe for the Net+ they focus on switches being layer 2 devices. At least I hope so too :D

You only have to worry about Layer 2 switches.
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • lazyartlazyart Member Posts: 483
    Layer 1 devices broadcast indiscriminately... hubs and NICs fit the bill here.
    On Layer 2 devices look at MAC addresses to move things a bit better-- this is where switches and bridges operate.
    Layer 3 uses IP addresses than there you will find routers.
    I'm not a complete idiot... some parts are missing.
  • viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    FYI....

Cisco 3550 Switches are multilayer switches. icon_wink.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...