Configuring SSH

Can SSH be configured on a 2924 switch? If so what is the command? I may need to upgrade my IOS. I am currently running C2900XL-C3H2S-M.

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've configured SSH on a 2500, but I don't know if it can be done on a 2900

Good thing to know how to do, as traditional telnet is slowly being phased out. Although the keyword is slowly. Make sure you know how to telnet.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    Can SSH be configured on a 2924 switch? If so what is the command? I may need to upgrade my IOS. I am currently running C2900XL-C3H2S-M.

boostinbadger,

Are you talking about SSH THROUGH the switch or TO the switch?
  • boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
    I am setting up the switch to be able to be SSH'ed to. Sorry for the confusion.
  • tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    I am setting up the switch to be able to be SSH'ed to. Sorry for the confusion.

boostinbadger,

Since your "Certifications:" lists "Cisco Networking Academy graduate" check out the CCNA Exploration - Accessing the WAN course at the Cisco Networking Academy website. In particular, 4 Network Security, 4.2 Securing Cisco Routers, 4.2.4 Securing Remote Administrative Access to Routers. Click on the [Config] and [VTY Access] buttons. Did that answer your question?

Source:
    1. Cisco Networking Academy website - http://cisco.netacad.net
  • famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    I'm not sure about the 2924, but I SSHv2 to my 2950's.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I'm pretty sure SSH is not supported on the 2924 since it's an older model.
  • boostinbadgerboostinbadger Member Posts: 256
    I found the answer to my question. The 2900 series Cats do not support SSH.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk583/tk617/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a0080267e0f.shtml