Options

new motherboard....

JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
k I got a new board today....I just got the jumpers on the board but Im not too sure about the USB 2.0 Jumpers in the book that I got doesn't say anything about USB 2.0 jumpers

can anyone help o BTW its P4B533E and the more info on it is here http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4b533-e/overview.htm#
Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    sometimes a motherboard manual will cover several variants of the same model. it is possible that the usb is self-configuring or set-up via cmos.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    no I don't think so not this one.

The tower comes with a fornt USB and it has two big coreds and they have jumpers that says:

Data +1,Data +1,GND 1, VCC 1

2nd Cored:

Data +2, Data +2,GND, 2, VCC 2
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • Options
    Mr_WizardMr_Wizard Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Those arent jumpers. When setting up front USB Ports, that is where the connections to the ports go. You should find that the ports themselves configure automatically.
  • Options
    ok, I try to find it on the board but somewhere on the board says "USB 2.0" but I don't know if the connectors go into there? or what
  • Options
    EnforcerEnforcer Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    You will have sockets (possible on a backplane) that will have leads attached to plugs that fir onto those pins. The USB leads from devices will then connect to the sockets on the backplane
    Mission statement : To change and deviate from the subject at the earliest opportunity.