Rating scales of study materials

NPA24NPA24 Member Posts: 588 ■■□□□□□□□□
Everyone has their own style of studying and taking practice questions. I was just curious if someone can add to this post a survey of what materials people actually use and which ones are really worth it. I think it should be somewhat a Return On Investment analysis. For example, I spend good money on Books from Sybex, etc. and I think they are like 9 out of 10 cause I do actually learn the material and understand it. Also the practice questions at the end of each chapter are great for exam preparation. But for other materials, like Preplogic, Transcenders, Boson, or practice questions from sites like this one, etc. I just want to know from people that visit this website if they can give their ratings and also was it worth the money in the long run for these products and websites. Sorry for the long post. Thanks everybody.

Comments

• viper75viper75 Member Posts: 726 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm using the Sybex and CiscoPress Books for my CCNA Cert. I'm also using Transcenders, Cisco FlashCards, TestOut, PrepLogic and Boson for practice questions. I'm also going to a few other sites that have free test for you to take online to help you prepare for the exam. icon_study.gif
    CCNP Security - DONE!
    CCNP R&S - In Progress...
    CCIE Security - Future...
  • garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    1.) Exam Cram2 for ALL Microsoft & Comptia certs
    2.) Sybex for CCNA
    3.) Prep Logic practice quiz for every cert.
  • drewm320drewm320 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've tried a few Cert21 practice exams that were bundled with vouchers. Don't waste your money on them, they are pretty crap.

I've used Exam Cram and Exam Prep books and they are pretty good. I've heard nothing but good things about Sybex books.