CCNA Videos compare before buying to study?

nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks:

Before I order the videos to watch and learn to know Cisco's stuff for CCNA I'm skeptical which videos are great, clear and hit directly to CCENT/CCNA exam between Jeremy Cioara from CBTnuggets 31 videos and Chris Bryant from Trainsignal 21videos. If you folks had watched and learned about them please give some suggets and comments or other sources as well.

Thanks
Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...

Comments

• waymorrwaymorr Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Having only used the cbt nuggets I can't fully comment but I did find these very helpfull and would recommend them.

On a side note that is one hell of a username and must be a right pain to remember :D
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    waymorr wrote:
    On a side note that is one hell of a username and must be a right pain to remember :D

I was thinking the same thing....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you can get both, I'd suggest doing that. But if not go with CBT Nuggets because I found it to be spot on and enjoyable! Train Signal is a little more boring, but goes into great detail!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like the CCNA Video Mentor by Ciscopress

But I don't know if they have updated it for the new test yet
  • billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    Both are very good, but have a very different style.

Jeremy is excellent at getting the information across in the CBT nuggets with a bit of humour thrown in and is very watchable.
    Chris on the other hand sticks to the subject in a very dry and methodical manor in the train signal vids. I find it a bit more difficult to watch mostly due to the fact that the videos are a bit longer and seem to be packed with a bit more detail.

I'd agree with the previous comment that you can't go wrong by getting both if you can afford it, but if it came down to it i'd probably go with Chris Bryants purely down to the amount of content he gets across.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can vouch for CBT Nuggets, I thought they were very easy to view while on the other hand I've looked through some of the material from videos from Chris Bryant while good content tend to put me to sleep, just something about his voice I guess.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Chris has been kind enough to exchange a few emails with me, so I'm kind of partial to him. I don't have anything against Jeremy, but I just haven't had any exposure to his material. Chris does provide excellent information. While it may not be entertaining, you can't go wrong with it. Just put the play speed on 1.8-2.0x and grab and energy drink. You'll be fine ;)
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I have had experiences with both for the ICND1/2 material. It's really hard to do a direct comparison but basically: The cbtnuggets are easy to watch and give you just enough material to do well on the test, while the Trainsignal videos are more boring but give you enough material to ACE the test. You decide what you need :D
  • nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The matter of fact is budget and I don't have plenty of it so I have to choose the right to be easy to study and simulate. You folks are awesome that stated out great source and I think I will grab CBTnuggets for now but thereafter, I seems I have to buy another set of CBTnugget for ICND2 is it right? Man, what a high icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif price... icon_rolleyes.gif , thanks all.
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    How long is it going to take you to get through them?

Why don't you just buy a one-month streaming subscription and save $100? You can even get more out of it if you take in some other videos. I take good notes and only watch the CBTs once anyway, and since you can't resell them, it doesn't make a lot of sense for me to own them.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    dynamik wrote:
    Why don't you just buy a one-month streaming subscription and save $100?
    icon_eek.gif I never saw that before..... ah! There it is, down at the bottom! $199 for 1 month! Sweet! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!