70-298

I was looking at taking 70-297 after my 70-294, BUT, I'm not too keen on the case study stuff. Does 70-298 work in the same way as all the other exams, or does it also have this rubbish case study format? Cheers.

Comments

• dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Majority of the design exams are case study based.

The only one I have heard of that isn't is the SQL 2000 design exam.

They aren't that bad really once you get to grips with the format.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    dave0212 wrote:

Fair does then. Which would you say is the easiest exam? Ive heard quite a few people failing the 70-297 and that the 298 is easier apparently? icon_confused.gif
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    mr2nut wrote:
    dave0212 wrote:

Fair does then. Which would you say is the easiest exam? Ive heard quite a few people failing the 70-297 and that the 298 is easier apparently? icon_confused.gif

Not done either, I did the 2000 AD design exam and upgraded my MCSE to 2003

I am going to do 70-298 in the new year for MCSE:Security. I suppose it depends on which you feel stronger with AD or Security??

I sure someone on here will have done both and be able to advise.
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • mr2nutmr2nut Member Posts: 269
    dave0212 wrote:
    mr2nut wrote:
    dave0212 wrote:

Not done either, I did the 2000 AD design exam and upgraded my MCSE to 2003

I am going to do 70-298 in the new year for MCSE:Security. I suppose it depends on which you feel stronger with AD or Security??

I sure someone on here will have done both and be able to advise.

In that case....... 297 it is icon_wink.gif
  • Graham_84Graham_84 Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Im studying for this at moment, as i mentioned to you in other forum 297 is a ****! Its on how microsoft want AD setup not necesarilly the right way. I know ad well, but know about migrating from NT. Would you create a pristene forest for do a domain restructure. In this exam if you miss understand how ms want. Like one question asked how many forests are needed, the answer was three as i forgot to include test forest for schema trials. So if you are mislead on one answer you could fail whole case study as another question could be how many schema masters. I chose 2 forests for one answer ill have 2 schema masters.

See what i mean :) Good luck but 298 seems to covers lots of ad too, but the nicer bits Security templates etc, security in gpos. Baseline security analyser, wsus etc. I thought it would just be CA's all the way and ipsec, but no
    Currently having a break after the MCITP:EA. Citrix or Cisco next, not sure!