Thinking about taking ICND1 on the 24th

worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am thinking about taking the ICND1 Monday the 24th, and I'm a little worried about some of the areas such as NAT/PAT. I have subnetting down, as well as OSI and theory stuff. I have worked with some CLI and feel pretty good about that w/ the exception of NAT/PAT stuff. I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time with it...Guess I'm making it hard on myself. Can anyone tell me if they asked a lot about NAT/PAT configurations?

I used Cisco Press (Wendell Odom), Cisco Partner Education Course, Boson,SemSim, and all the trial questionsI can get my hands on. I'm avereging around 85% on Boson, but hope to have that up to 95 or closer by Sunday...

Many Thanks,
Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
OIIIIIIIO

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    We cant say because it violates your exam agreement but nat is heavily focused on so i would recommend nailing it mate.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Know the stuff on the Boson practice exams. Not the answers, but why the answers are the answers.
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I will say that doing bad on one section of the exam will not kill you. But if you are having issues that you can always view the CBT Nuggets for ICND2 to get a better understanding (if you have it). Other then that I would schedule the exam and go over the material!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the insight. I definitely wasn't trying to violate any regulations.
    I will hit the books hard tonight then.

Holla at you guys Monday morning ... Hopefully with some good news.
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    worldmac1 wrote:
    I am thinking about taking the ICND1 Monday the 24th, and I'm a little worried about some of the areas such as NAT/PAT. I have subnetting down, as well as OSI and theory stuff. I have worked with some CLI and feel pretty good about that w/ the exception of NAT/PAT stuff. I'm not sure why I'm having a hard time with it...Guess I'm making it hard on myself. Can anyone tell me if they asked a lot about NAT/PAT configurations?

I used Cisco Press (Wendell Odom), Cisco Partner Education Course, Boson,SemSim, and all the trial questionsI can get my hands on. I'm avereging around 85% on Boson, but hope to have that up to 95 or closer by Sunday...

Many Thanks,

Are you having trouble with the theory of NAT/PAT or cli configuration?
    If it's CLI configuration then that's an ICND2 topic, CCENT's are only expected to configure it in the SDM (which is jokingly easy).
    If it's CLI configuration then that's an ICND2 topic, CCENT's are only expected to configure it in the SDM (which is jokingly easy).

Sweet!
    Yeah, I have the theory down...Its the CLI portion I was trying to understand...I'll read up on it a little later in my ICND2 book when that time comes. Thanks for the info fellas! That makes my studying a little bit easier..Pheew! icon_eek.gif
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    JavonR wrote:
    worldmac1 wrote:

Many Thanks,

So is doing it on the CLI.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wala. Just try to do your best, no body force you to fear. You can make it and if not just take chance for other times. Good luck...
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...
    One word can describe how I feel after taking the ICND1 exam....

YES!!!!!!

The first 3 or 4 questions were sims, and I spent about 30 to 40 minutes just on the first 16 questions...Man I thought I was going to die!!! Then all of a sudden I started getting questions I knew from all of the preparation I did....I finished with about 20 or so minutes to go and received a nifty 925....I am so Stoked!!!!! What a way to start the holidays off!

Kids, know your subnetting and basic router CLI configs....It may be just a CCENT but the exam is no joke..

Know your OSI model definitely, but more importantly know SUBNETTING!!!

Wendell Odom is really in depth, some say too much, but he definitely covers everything you NEED to know. I read a little of Todd Lamale CCNA 6th edition and Fast Pass 3rd edition too. Reading a lot of what you guys say on this forum was also very critical in me passing. Thanks a lot guys for spending your time and helping those of us in need. Now I get the pleasure to help others with the same difficulties that I have overcome....

Thanks again you guys!

PS...Did I mention Know your subnetting??
    Certs in Progress:

OIIIIIIIO
  • nmqtabtnmqtabt Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So you finally made it right? Congrats worldmac1. Good luck on next ICND2. icon_cool.gif
    Don't fear to climb to a position, you will get there one day. Do your best...
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    worldmac1 wrote:
    YES!!!!!!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Remember -- Cisco sucks you in with the "easy one" then smacks you with ICND2 if you're not paying attention. :D

The good news is that ICND2 is a lot more fun and realistic than ICND1 since all the trivia and basics are out of the way. Lots of good stuff to sink your teeth into with ICND2 and lots more stuff to Lab up!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! :D As others have mentioned, ICND2 takes a bit more to study for than ICND1. Be prepared and definitely use multiple sources to the fullest extent. Best of luck to you!
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats! Make sure you list that baby!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff