Got Another Interview

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Again the who you know has helped me get another interview. In this case it is the company my father and a large part of his side of the family have worked at (he was there 37 years, his uncle 40 years, his grandmother, etc). In this case it is a program for recent college grads! It is a 3 to 4 year program where you will go through various units within the company (on the technology side) to see it from all angles. I look at it kind of like Google's Associate Product Manager program. Interview on Monday at 10 am! Just letting everyone know that there is still jobs out there to at the very least interview for!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck! Let us know how it goes.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    Good luck, sounds like an interesting gig...
    Dustin Leefers
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. SOunds like fate to me.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well I think the interview went really well. It was suppose to be an hour, but I was done with the questions in about 25 to 30 minutes. Interview was with two people who are at the end of the program and both happen to be alums of my college. Couldn't tell me what the salary would be other then "competitive", but they have tuition reimbursement, 8 or 9 company holidays, and apparently 18 days of vacation off the bat! Also appears that they allow you to pick the areas of IT that interest you to work in and information protection is a department. Should hear by the end of the week or so I was told, we'll see what happens since its a holiday this week.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Cool, I hope you get it!

BTW, where'd you get that CCENT logo?
    Thanks! I found it with Google Images, good old Google!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Ok, just make sure you don't use that on any resumes or official documentation! Cool that somebody made that, though. Good find.
    I am against the idea of putting logos on resume and business cards so no issues. Thanks for the info though!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    Congrats on the interview.

I had an interview today too. My first interview was a phoner, today was with the hiring manager. It went very well. Tomorrow afternoon, I go back to meet the client and to possibly sign an offer letter.

I am trying not to get too excited until my pen hits the paper on the offer letter, but I think at this point it is a foregone conclusion. It will be a raise of about 30K per year, I am embarrassed to admit the exact salary, but it is in the neighborhood of 120K with nice benefits. My wife just got a decent promotion at work, so things are looking up as far as money goes.

The title is Security Manager. I came back to work after the interview with my fancy suit on with a big smile on my face, and everyone knew. I am going to write my 2-week notice letter tonight just to have it ready.

Oh and my fantasy football team at work clinched a playoff spot... good times.

:D
    Nice congrats!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Congrats!! I was supposed to have a phone interview today but got an email from the recruiter telling me that the Hiring Manager wanted to meet with me in person. So now it's back to the waiting game, the hiring manager will not be in my area until the first week of December.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
    I prefer in person interviews to those over the phone. But I am sure it will work out for you! Congrats on the interview!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
    Well, got the e-mail today that I didn't get the job. Here's to the continued search....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    the_Grinch wrote:
    Well, got the e-mail today that I didn't get the job. Here's to the continued search....

Sorry to hear that. Don't get discouraged just keep at it.

Good luck on the job hunt!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    the_Grinch wrote:

Don't get discouraged. I didn't want to say anything until you got results, but that position doesn't look like something you'd probably want for career advancement, anyways. Moving around the company for 3 to 4 years? That's not a very impressive program for grads, being forced to move around a company. I could see doing that as an intern, but not as a grad.

Good luck in your search.

BTW, are you looking to relocate?
  • jlhctjlhct Member Posts: 92 ■■□□□□□□□□
    darkerosxx wrote:
    the_Grinch wrote:

Don't get discouraged. I didn't want to say anything until you got results, but that position doesn't look like something you'd probably want for career advancement, anyways. Moving around the company for 3 to 4 years? That's not a very impressive program for grads, being forced to move around a company. I could see doing that as an intern, but not as a grad.

Good luck in your search.

BTW, are you looking to relocate?

Actually, there are some major companies that work like this. They are usually known as Leadership Development Programs. The thinking is that you will be exposed to many different facets of the company so that you will be well versed with how the company works.

It's definitely not for everyone. I also feel it's not necessary to advance your career. It's just another road to an endpoint.
    Depending on the salary I would be willing to relocate. Trying to remain in the Philadelphia/NYC area, but at this point I'd go anywhere that was going to cover the bills ;)
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff