Sheesh

bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
I've just had an MCSE asking how to modify the hosts file on his pc and then wondered why it didn't work - he'd left the '#' entry in...... icon_eek.gif

I wonder why I bother with certs sometimes icon_evil.gif
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

Comments

• aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Can't all be the brighest crayons in the box now can we?
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    aordal wrote:
    Can't all be the brighest crayons in the box now can we?

True. But an MCSE? Commmeeee oonnnnn.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    A piece of paper a professional does not make.
  • BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's a hosts file? ;)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    What's a hosts file? ;)

hehe :)

Sorry for the rant guys, I'm obviously having a bad day.
  • nevolvednevolved Member Posts: 131
    LAUGH, look at the darn instructions IN the hosts file!! It specifies that # = comments.....wow
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    it does tell you exactly how to put in an entry
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    So if you need to add a local user on windows server how would you do that?

This lovely gem came from an MCSA I used to work with. Of course I saw the "Study" guides she used to pass her exams with. Kind of hard to fail when 97% of the questions on your test were provided word for word, question and answer in your study guide.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes