Wireless not working on acer travelmate 2480

deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
Acer 2480-2153
XP SP3 ALL UPDATES

Originally had vista on it

Had to replace screen something in the hard drive messed up and could not boot.
NO vista recovery CDs available.

I have tried installing all of the ACER'S drivers and 2 third party drivers.

All the drivers are installing fine the device is "working" but cannot seen ANY networks unless its actually WIRED.

I have tried everything except ordering new recovery CDs and cracking the the thing open tearing the SOB out.
PLEASE ADVISE!!

Comments

• aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Check your software Wireless Radio. Make sure it's turned on. If the laptop has a physical switch on the chassis that turns the radio on/off make sure thats on.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    aordal wrote:
    Check your software Wireless Radio. Make sure it's turned on. If the laptop has a physical switch on the chassis that turns the radio on/off make sure thats on.

I 2nd that!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    aordal wrote:

Thirded. This one guy I work with bothers me once a week on average because his computer can't get on the internet. He couldn't remember where that switch is if his life depended on it.
  • D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    dynamik wrote:
    aordal wrote:

Thirded. This one guy I work with bothers me once a week on average because his computer can't get on the internet. He couldn't remember where that switch is if his life depended on it.

How did he get to work? icon_lol.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It wouldn't surprise me if he took the short bus. icon_lol.gif
  • ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Ahhh the short bus. Its definately possible.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    WOW Completely forgot about that. Thank you guys.