web certificate issue

nangananga Member Posts: 201
ok here is the scenario.

I typed www.xxx.com....my banks website to pay the creditcard. Before I could even type my username and password IE threw a window at me suggesting a security alert....

"Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. Hoever there is a problem with the sites security certificate
1) Security certitifate was issued by a company you have and not chosen to trust .View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifing authority

2) ( green check mark ) The security certificate date is valid

3)(green check mark) the security cert has a valid name matching the name of the page you are trying to view.

Do you want to procced.
Yes / No /View certificate

Details shows that the certificate was issued to fls.doubleclick.net
issued by b7ne-webwasher01

is this a kind of a threat...since i dont see the name of the bank anywhere in the certification authority and to be funny my friend on the other desktop dosent get this error.I never got this error before when i logged in it before today[/img]

Comments

• undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    doubleclick is generally related to advertising. Are you using tabbed browsing? There may have been a tab opened somewhere that was loading some advertising content.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    I am using IE from my office...and as far as my guess is we should have a decent filtering system and I dont have admin priv to install anything on my machine,....so i am wondering whats going on
  • nangananga Member Posts: 201
    I flused out all the cookies and temp internet files and wow..the window was not thrown again at me when i went to my banks webstie..

any explanation as to what might have happened.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Double-click probably uses cookies to follow you from site-to-site. The bank might have partnered with them for a promotion or something. It seems like there was just an error in the certificate (i.e. domain mismatch or something).