How many sleep hours do you get?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
8-10 hours :D .

I've found out that one can stand man deprivations in life, but not sleeplessness.

Comments

• Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    6 normally... sometimes 7 if I am lucky.
    -Daniel
  • UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    7-5 hrs

sometimes 8 if I'm lucky.

when I sleep 5 hours or less for one or more days I feel dead, I try to compensate by sleeping 8 hours or so
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    my rule of thumb is 9 hours of sleep per night. It can change depending how busy I am, but I like to keep it around that range :)
  • amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    I find it's more a function of when I wake up than how much total sleep I get. I'm a night-owl, I hate mornings. I try to get around 8h a night, but I feel more tired sleeping 12-7 than 4-10, despite the extra hour. In fact, I probably wouldn't be able to fall asleep at 12 anyway. And drastic timezone switches don't help either.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I usually end up with 6 hours or less during nights that result in a work day next and 7, sometimes 8, for the nights leading to weekend days. I have sadly lost the art of sleeping in so I usually find myself awake at 3 or 4 am.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Maybe 5-6 hours if I'm lucky. I've slept for as long as 15hrs and as little as 0 hours.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At the moment i'm averaging about 4-5 hrs a night, roll on the Chrismas break.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    About 6.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
    about 7. I wonder why some people can sleep as little as 3 to 4 hours and they still have the energy. icon_redface.gif
    No Sacrifice, No Victory.
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    6-7 usually but usually the lesser
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I get about 6 hours during school days and 8-12 for the weekends.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    binarysoul wrote:
    8-10 hours :D .

I've found out that one can stand man deprivations in life, but not sleeplessness.

Wowsers. You are one lucky SOB. Enjoy it while you can...

I'd say I average about 6. I get 7 sometimes, but not very often. I do get 8 on Saturdays, but that's about it.

Back in the day I habitually rolled on 3 - 4 hours...EVERY DAY OF EVERY WEEK. I also found myself addicted to caffeine and suffering from psycho-motor agitation and it one day it caught up with me. During that period about once every six weeks I would fail to wake up when the alarm went off and I would sleep literally all day long and have no idea until I woke up around 8pm that night. Literally 15 - 20 hours of sleep.
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    about 6-7 on average.. i used to get only 3-5 per night
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I have problems falling asleep. I'd probably feel the best with around eight, but I usually get six or less.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Around 6 usually give or take. depends on the workload etc you know...and that thing called xbox live ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    Since my early teenage years it takes me hours for my brain to slow down enough for me to sleep. Otherwise I just lay there with my mind jumping from one random thought to another. Now mid 40s and still the same. Typically 5-6 hours a night if I am lucky. Sometimes less than that for days on end if I am worried about something.

My wife can sleep 9 hours a night no problem and my younger brother is even more irritating. He can practically fall asleep on request whenever he needs to.
    Kam.
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I function best at 4-6 hrs. Any less, or any more and I am out of it. I do get 8-9 on the weekends though.
  • bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd *like* around 8-9 hours. However, it depends on how much water my two dogs drink before they go to sleep... (so usually I get around 6 before being woken up)
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • dave0212dave0212 Member Posts: 287
    Generally 6-7 hours unless I get woken up by muppets at work at 2am (like last night) when I'm on call because they have f**ked something up

I need some sleeping.gif
    This week I have achieved unprecedented levels of unverifiable productivity

Working on
    Learning Python and OSCP
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Usually 6-7 hours on the weekends, and 8-12 hours on vacations/holidays/weekends. I'm on vacation now, and I've been getting about 10 hours of sleep a night. It's very nice. :)
    Good luck to all!
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    If I work the next day, 4-6hrs tops.

If I have the next day off, 8-14hrs

Thankfully I have more days off than on (12hr shifts)
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This IT game seems to cause sleeplessness. These days I usually 6/7 but often only 5/6 as I have been afflicted by waking at odd hours with the mind working overtime.
    Back a few years when I was not in the industry, but running hotel maintenance and doing the band thing I would have 2/3 hrs for 3-4 nights and then 8/10 for a couple until I was balanced.
    When I was a youngster - a solid 6. Back then though I slept like a log and nothing short of an airstrike would wake me. I could also sleep anytime and anywhere - like in the cab of my truck between races when I was racing motocross. My tech used to wake me in time to make the start line. Used to sleep a bunch at school too .... and the teachers never seemed to notice icon_lol.gif

The thing to understand is that anywhere from 5 - 9 is OK, but it is the quality of that sleep that is important. Having 12 hrs sleep is hopeless if you have one ear listening to a hard drive doing a partition recovery or something like that.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Around 5-7 weeknights, and 7-8 on weekends.
  • gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anywhere for 6-8. I really need close to 8 to function my best though
  • photexphotex Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Most of the time I end up with about 5.5 hours.
    Must add that I used to get more, but since I became a daddy I got cut back to 5.5 hours icon_rolleyes.gif
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Last night I got 8. Usually 6-8 hours. :)
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    dynamik wrote:
    I have problems falling asleep. I'd probably feel the best with around eight, but I usually get six or less.

Me too. Ambien has been great for that. It has this weird effect on me of seemingly storing up dreams. When I take it, I don't dream... then when I don't take it, I dream constantly ALL night. I like Ambien too much. :D
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    5-8 hours on the weekdays
    7-12 hours on the weekends

Normally I am in bed at 10-11pm and wake at 5:30am which gives me 6-7 1/2 hours. On the weekends I get in bed around 1am to 10am-12pm.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    most of the time around 6.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I really need 8 1/2 hours but just been getting 7 1/2 lately arghhh...