[ ] DCICT

Comments

• NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just want to make sure I have things right:

config mem = copy start run

config net =copy tftp run

Are they exactly the same thing?

/creamy

I think the end result is the same, but the prompts for the info are different. Those are older commands that will probably go away at some point.

Anyway, it's not something that you need to know for the CCNA. And it's recommended to configure from the terminal, not from memory or the network.

The only old command that I still use frequently is "wr mem", which is quicker to type than "copy run start".
  • laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    Netwurk wrote:
    The only old command that I still use frequently is "wr mem", which is quicker to type than "copy run start".

i love that term, i just most of my engineers by that command, old school guys know it and use it without blinking, new guys always go wow.... lol
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Netwurk wrote:
    Just want to make sure I have things right:

config mem = copy start run

config net =copy tftp run

Are they exactly the same thing?

/creamy

I think the end result is the same, but the prompts for the info are different. Those are older commands that will probably go away at some point.

Anyway, it's not something that you need to know for the CCNA. And it's recommended to configure from the terminal, not from memory or the network.

You can just type "wr" and it does the same thing :)
  • NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JavonR wrote:
    You can just type "wr" and it does the same thing :)

I don't think that was always true, but I did try it for fun on my 3550 and it worked there

"wr ter" is also one I sometimes use, but sh run is just as easy to type and I needed to get in the habit of using the new commands when I was going for my CCNA
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    show run is great! You can use | for output modifications. I don't think write terminal supports |
    Jack of all trades, master of none