Black Friday - Anyone get any deals?

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Went looking for a new laptop, and all the ones on sale were sold out in minutes. Went by Best Buy and got an unadvertised deal on Acer 14.1" laptop. 350 plus tax and Im a happy camper. Half the cost of what Toshiba wanted to replace my system board.

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Toshiba wanted $700 to replace your motherboard?
  • deadpool287deadpool287 Member Posts: 113
    $150
    Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1

acer wanted $450 to replace a laptop screen.

we did it ourselves for $174 (the cost of the screen and shipping) while getting paid to do it.
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    I picked this webcam up. Not bad for $10 after MIR...

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=188027&om_keycode=93
    Good luck to all!
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep, the cost of the system board was 659.00. Only paid 900 for it 3 yrs ago. So this made more sense.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    What the hell kind of laptops are you buying that a motherboard cost $659?

I'd stay far away from Toshiba...or laptops where parts are that expensive, period.

Geez.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I assume that's installation, testing, shipping, etc.

Couldn't you find a replacement board from a 3rd party? Or did you just not want to deal with replacing it yourself?
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I got Assassin's Creed for $9.99. Pretty good deal even though the regular price was $30. It was the pc version. I just hope I won't need a new video card now since my X1900XTX is showing it's age.

Why not get a motherboard off ebay and replace it by hand? I think it'll be an adventure to replace something like that in a laptop.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Eh, most of the deals there were in my area at least, can be bought off eBay. Plus I don't need anything myself.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    So what is this country coming to?

People trample a walmart worker and kill him, then as shoppers are told they have to leave the store they ****, whine, and complain that they were standing in line since thurs morning?

Two people killed in California in a toys R Us?

I just don't understand anymore.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Bokeh wrote:

People trample a walmart worker and kill him, then as shoppers are told they have to leave the store they love, whine, and complain that they were standing in line since thurs morning?

Yeah read about those here: www.sfgate.com

It's sad that people cannot walk in normally. I wouldn't know how to explain what happened to the person at Wal-Mart to his/her's family. "Yeah your son/daughter was run overed by an eager crowd"
    Bokeh wrote:

People trample a walmart worker and kill him, then as shoppers are told they have to leave the store they love, whine, and complain that they were standing in line since thurs morning?

The Toys R Us had nothing to do with Black Friday it doesn't sound like. Not that it matters much. The Wal-Mart one is pretty bad, and why I don't ever, EVER shop there on Black Friday. I had the unfortunate experience of working at Wal-Mart when I was in college for a short while, and had to endure a Black Friday. Totally ridiculous, even without someone getting killed.

I'm all for bargains and what not, but there's a point it's just not worth it. A few years ago, I camped out at CompUSA, got in line like I was supposed to. When the doors opened, a bunch of people stormed from the parking lot cutting in line. People were shoving, etc. Even by the time I got near the door, some 100 pound guy tried to grab my arm and pull me (at about 250 pounds at the time) out of line to get in front of me. I swatted him away about 3 times and said stop before I finally said "Get off of me!" and shrugged the guy off, not knowing how tiny he was. I heard him stumbling behind me, turned briefly to see him sprawled on the pavement. Total lack of common sense and morality on his part, and I felt bad afterward.

Never went there again. There's no deal worth sacrificing your basic humanity.
    Good luck to all!
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    /usr wrote:
    What the hell kind of laptops are you buying that a motherboard cost $659?

I'd stay far away from Toshiba...or laptops where parts are that expensive, period.

Geez.

When I owned an Alienware the motherboard was $800 to replace. I paid $3k for the system originally and sold it on ebay for $1200 with no motherboard. I advertised it as such and the new owner said he had a place he could the motherboard cheaper. I said good luck and took the $1200. lol.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The setup for Black Friday is much better in my town. They have a police officer there from 10 pm till I'd say about 4:30 am and then about 10 to 20 more officers show up. They pull their cars infront of the store and step out. As people rush up just before 5 am they start yelling they either get in line or leave. Made my experience two years ago very easy! Haven't gone since because it's really not worth the hassle.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Black Friday.... still too expensive for many times. I was looking for a nice LCD to connect to my laptop, but still the price is $$$$. Anyone find a good price on 16G USB flash drive...
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    Office Depot had a 22" LCD for $149.

16GB Pen drive deal...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233042
    Good luck to all!
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks. I saw that one, but my co-worker have it and do not like it because the cap don't fit well.

I'm thinking about this one CORSAIR 16GB Flash Survivor Ultra Rugged USB 2.0 Drive Model CMFUSBSRVR-16GB
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
    Kasor wrote:
    Thanks. I saw that one, but my co-worker have it and do not like it because the cap don't fit well.

I'm thinking about this one CORSAIR 16GB Flash Survivor Ultra Rugged USB 2.0 Drive Model CMFUSBSRVR-16GB

I own it, and it works well, cap included.
    Good luck to all!
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I don't know if it's still available, but E-Cost had a 16 gig stick for $9.99 after rebate. I jumped on and picked up two, only to find out they have no return policy and the rebate is limited to one per household. So I have two 16 gig sticks for $50......still a good deal I guess.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't do any shopping on BF, but I'm picking up a number of deals online today -

John Adams DVD set for $24 at Amazon
    Altec Lansing FX3020 Computer Speaker for $20 at Staples
    D-Link DGL-4300 Wireless Gaming Router for $50 at Newegg
    Roomba 562 10% off at iRobot
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Forgot to mention....got a few good deals on some Blu-Ray discs....Band of Brothers complete set for only $50 was the best deal.....also picked up Shawshank Redemption, Swordfish, some HD water/nature, and O.A.R. live from MSG, which was a great show, wish I was there...
    i remain, he who remains to be....