need second shot

mcse_696mcse_696 Member Posts: 151
hey guys could someone tell how can I get second shot code before registration for ccna exam

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Cisco/Vue “Second Chance” Promotion ended on October 15th.

http://www.vue.com/cisco/secondchance/
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    If you ask me they should of made it permanent since they raised the price on CCNA. Using the excuse that they split it into two tests shouldn't be a excuse to raise prices. Why didn't they just make both tests cheaper or just keep the second chance which would of been better.

I think a second chance is really needed with these cert tests, reading my CCNA makes me nervous about taking the test. I think it would be a better idea to pay for the actual certification rather then just taking the test, pay up front for the test but get a extra chance or two just in case you get overwhelmed.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I disagree.

Though I really would enjoy the second shot promo being permanent, I feel it would be somewhat detrimental to the value of the certification.

First of all, if you go into an exam knowing you have a free retake, you may be inclined to blow off the first attempt so you can see what the exam format is like, what types of questions they're asking, what you are having the most trouble with, etc. I mean, realistically, if I had a free second shot that's what would be on my mind. You would feel much more relaxed because you would know you had another shot if you did fail.

If you've got to pay for your second chance after failing the first, you're going to study a hell of a lot harder both times because it's your money.

I didn't feel like the exams were overpriced, honestly. I mean, a single Catalyst 2950 is as much as one of the exams and the practice tests actually cost more than the exam.

Not trying to argue. Just my 2 cents.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    /usr wrote:
    I disagree.

Though I really would enjoy the second shot promo being permanent, I feel it would be somewhat detrimental to the value of the certification.

First of all, if you go into an exam knowing you have a free retake, you may be inclined to blow off the first attempt so you can see what the exam format is like, what types of questions they're asking, what you are having the most trouble with, etc. I mean, realistically, if I had a free second shot that's what would be on my mind. You would feel much more relaxed because you would know you had another shot if you did fail.

If you've got to pay for your second chance after failing the first, you're going to study a hell of a lot harder both times because it's your money.

I didn't feel like the exams were overpriced, honestly. I mean, a single Catalyst 2950 is as much as one of the exams and the practice tests actually cost more than the exam.

Not trying to argue. Just my 2 cents.

My thougts exactly on this one.