Sim card error

banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
My phone (Sony Ericsson K310i) has been working fine and suddenly it stoped recognizing the sim card, so it keeps displaying "put sim card in" message. Strangely enough, I was not using it when I got the message...
I tried to put the same card into another phone and it works just fine. So the problem must be related to the phone. What do you think the issue is and how to solve it?

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Clean the contacts
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You could also trying another sim in your phone. If it says the same then its obviously your phone. You've ruled out an issue with your sim if it works in other phones.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • banderas1978banderas1978 Member Posts: 189
    nel wrote:
    You could also trying another sim in your phone. If it says the same then its obviously your phone. You've ruled out an issue with your sim if it works in other phones.
    I did try another sim in that phone. It did not work again. And I cleaned the contacts.
    I cannot think of anything else I might do to sort it out...
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    probably be an issue with the phone then. Is it possible to reset the software on it? just to rule out a software issue. i assume you've googled it already?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    probably be an issue with the phone then. Is it possible to reset the software on it? just to rule out a software issue. i assume you've googled it already?
    Yes, I have. How to reset the software on it?
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    How old is the phone?
    gorebrush wrote:
    How old is the phone?
    Only 1,5 years, why?
    Time to change it, you think?
  • mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To reset the phone go to phone settings in the phone menu and then select restore to factory settings. It might request for a security code which on most Ericssons is either 0000 or 00000000.

If you browse through the interenet there might also be a code that you can enter that will hard reset the phone. I am Nokia men and I ussually find codes like eg *#370# that reset some Nokia models and ussually solves most problems for me.

If resetting the phone does not work you can also try raise the pins that get in contact with the card but try not to damage them.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Heh my mother's cell phone had the same problem. SIM card ended up being damaged, and she lost all her contacts! Yeah everyone should always have a backup. It's a pain going through your bill, and finding out the numbers you called out and trying to remember their names.
  • Mmartin_47Mmartin_47 Member Posts: 430
    Your SIM card can also be locked. My phone at least with ATT has a feature that allows that SIM to only be used in that phone you locked it too.