CCIE BOOTCAMP

CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
just wondering if anyone here has ever attended a CCIE bootcamp and if so, how much did it help. I know a lot of people here are self-study, including myself icon_cool.gif I have stumbled across the CCIE training bootcamp on several websites and was just curious about its effectiveness. Also, anybody here prior military who has used their gibill for bootcamps? thanks for your help :D

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I did the IEWB Security bootcamp back in September. I think the mileage you'll get from it varies with your experience level. There are some things you can gain from it that you can't from self study, like the obvious benefit of having a tried and tested expert to answer your questions on things you just can't seem to get from the books, and being able to discuss strategies for preparation etc. I decided to do it because my study timetable had fallen way behind due to work, and I wanted to step up my attempt date from next year to this one, so it was an accelerator of sorts. I didn't pass this year and will be trying again next so you can see ho well the plan went ;) . BUT that has nothing to do with the camp itself, it definitely helped me prepare both technically and mentally and has had a very positive influence on my own study and lab techniques. But if you have attempted the lab before and have a lot of experience/personal labtime under your belt I wouldn't rush into it - if there are some key technologies you just can't seem to get on your own then yup but otherwise you might just find it an extended lab session.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    just wondering if anyone here has ever attended a CCIE bootcamp and if so, how much did it help. I know a lot of people here are self-study, including myself icon_cool.gif I have stumbled across the CCIE training bootcamp on several websites and was just curious about its effectiveness. Also, anybody here prior military who has used their gibill for bootcamps? thanks for your help :D

They are particularly useful for people who usually don't get several days free to concentrate on lab prep as it get's you out of the office. Full immersion like that can be a useful thing for your study program. Some people try then just before a lab date to brush up on things and get into the mindset, others try them early on in their preparations. Some are a little too intense however and try and cover too much material in a short period of time. Probably the best way to use them is to ensure you have at least covered the essential topics on your own before attending because there is no way a week long camp can get you up to speed on more than just a few things. You really want your foundation down before attending a bootcamp. If that is solid you may find the bootcamp something of an extended lab session as previously mentioned where many of the things covered are already known to you.
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322

CED solutions allows you to use your GI bill for for there bootcamps. I don't think it covers 100 percent, but you can use it there.
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    nice, thanks for all the help. i really appreciate it. now, i know that the class would be a good brush up on all the material before attempting the lab. that makes a lot of sense. now lets see if i can get my company to pay for what the gibill will not cover icon_cool.gif