Certification Advice

olufonolufon Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
I have had a splendid time on this sites as various isues have been solved by those with years of experience.I recieved training on MCSE 2003 and CCNA but i have not written any certifications.I recently got admitted to study Networks and Information Security and i am confused on what certifications to write.Im nt sure if MCSE still exist cos im seeing something like MCTS.IS it advisable to follow the cisco path or microsoft...Suggestions highly welcome
Olufon.Muyiwa

Comments

• brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    MCTS and MCITP are the new "versions" of MCP and MCSE/A. MCITP is an umbrella name that could cover a number of things...so look for what is stated after the MCITP to denote the technology. For example, MCITP:DBA or MCITP:SA

The MCSE naming convention was for W2k3 and prior, and is not going to be carried through for W2k8. The MCSE name is being replaced with MCITP:EA

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/default.mspx
  • KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do not just follow path.. You need to target something that help your career. Some IT guys deal with cisco network equipment day-2-day. Some IT guys never touch cisco after they get their CCNA or CCNP.

Rememeber, experience is what you need not the paper.
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn