70-620 - sims :-)

Hello everyone,
can somebody please tell me, how the sims work with Microsoft exams.
This will be my 1st MS exam and don't really know what to expect?
Do You have a freedom of "moving around" during such a sim, or if you click a wrong option the sim is failed?
I would appreciate any comments.
Thanks very much in advance
Long term plan:
2011: CCNA (70%), CCNA: Security, MCITP:Messaging
2012: VCP, CEH, Linux+, start RHCA/E
2013: finish RHCA/E, CCNP

Comments

• amp2030amp2030 Member Posts: 253
    I don't know how to answer this without breaking the NDA, but just like with your normal multiple choice questions you can change your answer/reset the sim, and they are a very accurate portrayal of the OS they try to simulate. And just like with normal multiple choice questions, nothing tells you if you've done it correctly or wrong. Just imagine you have Vista in front of you and try to do what the sim asks you.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I also have questions about the sims. I failed the exam the first time but I felt pretty sure of the information. I know I made a couple of mistakes on the sims by assuming that they wanted more than they asked for. I also clicked around a lot in the sim to see what it would allow me to open and what it wouldn't let me open on all the sims. I wonder if this caused me to lose points. Without giving too much away, I had sims in the areas I did the worst in. I am not sure if anyone knows for sure but I would love to hear other people's thoughts.

As for the sims, It isn't overly complicated. It will give you a scenario and then you will click a few tabs that configure the necessary options. They are not very long or very complex. That is part of the reason I am confused why I did badly (625). Next time I will not just wander around the sim and see if I pass.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    If you find that you are "wander around" the sim before finding the solution, you can always reset the sim and take what you then know to be a more direct route.
    -- Dan
  • ladyfoxladyfox Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    danclarke wrote:
    If you find that you are "wander around" the sim before finding the solution, you can always reset the sim and take what you then know to be a more direct route.

Thats exactly what I do.