working on CCIE security Lab, written will be expired!

junos4mejunos4me Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi, guys
I am working on CCIE security Lab, my written will be expired soon.

Comments

• nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate!

impressive collection of certs you have there icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Best of luck, with 2 under your belt already I don't think you'll find any of it too much of a shock though :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It might be worth your while to dedicate a little time to going back and retaking the written exam, if you're worried that it's about to expire. Shouldn't take all too long, considering how much studying is required for the lab portion.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    Take a look at internetwork expert blog one of their CCIE just recently took the security written and pass it he said it was pretty easy with only getting 50 something questions right to pass. I think the security lab is going to change soon.

This is from the blog

Number of questions: 105
    Time allowed: 2 hrs
    Minimum passing score: 57 (Yes - 57!)
    Multiple choice, drag and drop - No Simulations
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
    Yep but bear in mind that Anthony is already a R&S CCIE, is a Cisco Press Author and sat the Lab Bootcamp 3 weeks ago.... so he's not exactly your average test taker :)
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    Yep but bear in mind that Anthony is already a R&S CCIE, is a Cisco Press Author and sat the Lab Bootcamp 3 weeks ago.... so he's not exactly your average test taker :)

Im surprised the score to pass the sec written is so low. I heard it took Anthony four attempts to pass the R&S lab so that says something of it's difficulty.
    The score is low but the material you need to cover is pretty expansive, and the detail in some areas is just stupid imho. The exam should test your working knowledge not some obscure reference in a relatively unused RFC by number. I enjoyed studying for the written but I did not like the exam at all (hard exams don't bother me, they exhilerate, but pointless ones.....), I don't think it represents what you need to know for either the real world or the later lab.
    Anthony's a pretty sharp guy actually, i wouldn't judge him by the number of lab attempts for R&S.
  • dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ahriakin wrote:
    The score is low but the material you need to cover is pretty expansive, and the detail in some areas is just stupid imho. The exam should test your working knowledge not some obscure reference in a relatively unused RFC by number. I enjoyed studying for the written but I did not like the exam at all (hard exams don't bother me, they exhilerate, but pointless ones.....), I don't think it represents what you need to know for either the real world or the later lab.
    Anthony's a pretty sharp guy actually, i wouldn't judge him by the number of lab attempts for R&S.

I agree the security written was a bit out there on some of the obscure questions, but considering the low passing score I think I will be taking it every 6 months to renew my CCIE until they change it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    dtlokee wrote:
    Ahriakin wrote:

I agree the security written was a bit out there on some of the obscure questions, but considering the low passing score I think I will be taking it every 6 months to renew my CCIE until they change it.

i thought they limited that ?
    people taking the sec back to back ?

i have to renew my np/dp/sp
    so i have to either take the recert exam
    or rs and or security written
    rm -rf /
    Ahriakin wrote:

Yes I know Anthony and he's contributed a fair amount to the community. I certainly wouldn't judge him or anyone else based on lab attempts. If anything that indicates have difficult the lab is. I have a friend a fine engineer who took five goes back in 2003.

I imagine you have to cover some pretty dry material for the sec written.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Not that im at that level but i wouldnt judge anyone who can pass the lab regardless of how many tries it takes wether it would be one or ten. No doubt its v. hard so its an amazing achievement in my eyes and one i would be proud of regardless of how many times i had to sit it.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    nel wrote:
    Not that im at that level but i wouldnt judge anyone who can pass the lab regardless of how many tries it takes wether it would be one or ten. No doubt its v. hard so its an amazing achievement in my eyes and one i would be proud of regardless of how many times i had to sit it.

Absolutely. I think the record is 23 attempts or something like that. Now that's determination!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Turgon wrote:
    Absolutely. I think the record is 23 attempts or something like that. Now that's determination!

That's quite a bit of cash on 23 lab attempts!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    How long do you want to wait inbetween attempts?

To the OP, good luck.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!