CCDP or bust!

JeremyLeeBuckJeremyLeeBuck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey dudes,

I'm working on my CCDP... Purchased the Rough Cuts from Safari for the updated CCDP book. So far it's pretty good--not sure how good though as I haven't taken the exam.

I'm nearly done with one chapter (the Multicast chapter) and I've been through 3 or 4 others on the QuickSheets.

Anyone else out there studying for the CCDP?
-Jeremy Lee Buck

Comments

• GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I am still thinking about doing it. I've been getting a more detailed look at some data centers and it would be interesting to have some more perspective on it. I think if I fail my lab in January I am going to do CCDP, and if I pass, move on to voice instead.
  • JeremyLeeBuckJeremyLeeBuck Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Rob,

Just give the lab your best and good luck.... Going voice is defintely a good thing to do either way.
    -Jeremy Lee Buck
  • miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    I am currently working my way through the CCDA, with the intention of completing the CCDP.
    I am over three weeks into the CCDA, and I am starting to lose focus. No labs, just theory. I have completed the Exam Certification Guide and I am currently reading the Designing for Cisco Internetworks book.
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    CCDA was extremely boring for me, mostly because I was expecting much more from it. Kind of what made me not want to do the DP at first, but I figure its only one more test for me at this point.
  • Paul BozPaul Boz Member Posts: 2,620 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I liked the CCDA because of the theory and abstract nature of the material. It was a pleasant break from the implementation-based nature of the CCNA and CCNP. Sometimes I just can't focus on routing and switching and need to look at the bigger picture. After I finish the CCIP (just have the bgp/mpls composite left) I'm finishing the CCDP. I just have the ARCH left for that.
    CCNP | CCIP | CCDP | CCNA, CCDA
    CCNA Security | GSEC |GCFW | GCIH | GCIA
    pbosworth@gmail.com
    http://twitter.com/paul_bosworth
    Blog: http://www.infosiege.net/
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Paul Boz wrote:
    I liked the CCDA because of the theory and abstract nature of the material. It was a pleasant break from the implementation-based nature of the CCNA and CCNP. Sometimes I just can't focus on routing and switching and need to look at the bigger picture. After I finish the CCIP (just have the bgp/mpls composite left) I'm finishing the CCDP. I just have the ARCH left for that.

Ditto here to all the above! :)icon_wink.gif except I still need QoS here too.
    icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.