Network Academy

CarpeNoctemCarpeNoctem Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am having trouble with connecting to cisco's networking academy connection. I am currently enrolled in ccna2.

At school, I can login just fine. But at my house I cannot login. When I type in my username and pass, it goes to the start page http://cisco.netacad.net
My instructor told me to installed macromedia flash player and macromedia shockwave player and it did not help. I have tried both mozilla firefox and IE to connect and it will not work with either of the two.

Can someone please help me out here. I have tried calling support but I cant seem to talk to someone who knows anything about the networking academy connection. I have also sent an email 2 weeks ago without a response. Which is very displeasing.

So if anyone can help me out here, it will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    Whats the difference between your home setup & school?
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Cisco curriculum website does not support certain firewalls and antivirus softwares. Disable your antivirus/firewall and try to login or better still get norton. I had a similar incident with a certain antivirus but after changing to norton i was able to access the site without having to disable my antivirus. Also make sure you got IE 6 service pack 2 and macromedia flash player.
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • CarpeNoctemCarpeNoctem Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Alien wrote:
    Disable your antivirus/firewall and try to login or better still get norton.

Thanks man, disabling my firewall fixed the problem. I am using a norton firewall. I tried adding the site so that I dont have to completly disable it but that did not work.
  • AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Glad to hear that. I found semester 2 to be rather interesting compared to others. I am currently revising semester 4. I really enjoy learning from the cisco netacad since everything is well explained. I dont mind spending a few quid in a quiet cybercafe when home turns chaotic.
    crash.gif
    Hard times on planet earth.