Options

I am about to sit for the CCNA Security test

it_consultantit_consultant Member Posts: 1,903
How do you think I should describe the CCNA security cert on my resume? I am not sure if I should just say that I am CCNA Security when I also passed the basic routing and switching CCNA exam as well.

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    How do you think I should describe the CCNA security cert on my resume? I am not sure if I should just say that I am CCNA Security when I also passed the basic routing and switching CCNA exam as well.

Well its a given that you passed the basic CCNA since you can't have the CCNA Sec w/o the plain CCNA. I think just listing the CCNA Sec will be fine.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HR people can be ignorant of these things though, so you may want to list both just to be safe (even though its a bit redundant).
  • Options
    mattrgeemattrgee Member Posts: 201
    I would list both including their exam numbers. HR can be pretty silly on these things: "Oh he doesn't have CCNA just CCNA Security, binned....."

Also it's good to list each exam and certification as it shows a continual line of achievement.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I agree - list both. Its not just HR people who wouldnt know, it could be anyone.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Definitely list both on your resume... I don't think its safe to say that everyone knows that the CCNA Security has a CCNA pre-req. I know guys that are actively pursuing the CCNA Security without the CCNA and I just don't have the heart to tell them.
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They should call CCNA 802 - CCNA R&S
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    LOkrasa wrote:
    Definitely list both on your resume... I don't think its safe to say that everyone knows that the CCNA Security has a CCNA pre-req. I know guys that are actively pursuing the CCNA Security without the CCNA and I just don't have the heart to tell them.

I know a few of those too that are pursuing with out the regular CCNA. I tried to tell them though but I don't know if they believed me....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953

it_consultant,
    • Cisco Systems
      [list:0fec616296]
    • CCNA Security
    • Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
    [/list:u:0fec616296]